Polar Loop Feedback

Options
Can anybody who owns/uses a Polar Loop with the chest band let me know how they like it? I bought a FitBit One and it is ok, but there is SO much it doesn't get at all, to be honest I have not had it that long and I already want something better. I am thinking a Polar Loop might be better, but it has to be comfortable enough to wear it to work.

Replies

• dempseymom4
    dempseymom4 Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    I have had it for a few months with the chest strap and absolutely love it!!!!!! It is well worth the investment
  • Bukawww
    Bukawww Posts: 159 Member
    Options
    Please expand...do you wear the chest strap all day or just during exercise? Is the compatible chest strap waterproof? How does the Loop calculate calories burned? I wear a Body Media armband but its not waterproof (it is apparently water resistant as I accidentally submerged it in the pool yesterday evening and it survived lol).

I really want something to track my swimming calories and just can't decide what would be a good fit. Maybe the BodyMedia during the day and the Polar chest strap for swimming...
  • dempseymom4
    dempseymom4 Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    I had the Body Media and hated wearing both that and the Polar FT7 and HRM when I worked out. The Loop calculates your steps and daily burn and then when you work out you wear the HRM and it will calculate your HR and calories for that workout. I am not sure but I do believe the HRM is water proof...I know the wrist band is. I love the Loop so much better then the Body Media and like that the app is easy to use and no monthly fee. The only draw back is manually adding workouts to Myfitness but it is not a big deal. I found that the Loop is more conversative for calories burned then the BodyMedia which I like.
  • perseverance14
    perseverance14 Posts: 1,364 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the feedback!