Polar loop / HRM7 Question

Options
Hi guys.

I have been using my Polar Loop for a while now and absolutely love it. But, all the sudden it seems to be reading my heart rate super high. Like, sitting on the couch and it's reading my heart rate at 130 BPM. I count off my pulse on either my wrist or neck and it comes to about 63 BPM.

It has always tracked my heart rate fairly accurately, but all the sudden, this last week, it's doubling what my heart is actually pumping,

I wanted to see if anyone else has had this problem before I go trying to get help from the company.

Replies

• VegasFit
    VegasFit Posts: 1,232 Member
    Options
    Why are you wearing the chest strap during non workout times like sitting on the couch?
  • HeartlessHarlot
    HeartlessHarlot Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    Why are you wearing the chest strap during non workout times like sitting on the couch?

I don't usually.

While on the elliptical it read my heart rate at almost 300bpm two days in a row, I normally hover between 150 and 160bpm during cardio. Pretty sure I would be dead if my heart was going at 300bpm. Decided to wear it the entirety of a few days to see what it did during the course of my normal day. Figured the more data the better to figure out what is going on.
  • Smirnoff65
    Smirnoff65 Posts: 1,060 Member
    Options
    Could be the battery on the HRM needing replaced, they certainly don't last as long as they say and when they start to get low the readings can become erratic, similar thing was happening to me and I changed the battery and it done the trick.
  • HeartlessHarlot
    Options
    Thanks! I'll give that a shot!
  • HeartlessHarlot
    Options
    Could be the battery on the HRM needing replaced, they certainly don't last as long as they say and when they start to get low the readings can become erratic, similar thing was happening to me and I changed the battery and it done the trick.

That totally fixed the problem! Thank you so much!!