PiYO: Is it gonna be enough??

So I'm going to start PiYO tomorrow, because I previously started Focus T25 but it's a little hard for me to get into (I haven't worked out in over a year) and I was starting to dread my workout time, which I don't like because when I started to workout last year it was fun (I was doing RevAbs). So I was looking for another program and I saw PiYO and it seems perfect because I love Pilates and I really just want to tone up. (That's all my weight loss goals are really, I only have about 25 pounds to loose). But I have been researching PiYO and a lot of people don't think the workouts are enough alone. So would I need to do PiYO along with another program to get the best results?

Replies

• cjames010
    cjames010 Posts: 86 Member
    I'm starting week 6 of PiYo, and while some workouts are hard, it's not a huge calorie burner in general.
    I've maintained my weight (which was my goal for PiYo).
    If you want to lose weight, I would do additional workouts.
  • Scetza
    Scetza Posts: 4 Member
    I would definitely combine it with other programs, especially since some of the workouts are less than 20 minutes. I've been doing it for about a week, but I'm combining it with P90X3
  • rjdunn87
    rjdunn87 Posts: 385 Member
    I think it really depends--I did it mostly on its own (occasionally I would do an extra workout if I felt like doing doubles, but I didn't follow a doubles schedule or anything) and lost 8 pounds over the 8 weeks.. which doesn't sound like a lot, but two of those weeks I was also on vacation so not being as strict with my nutrition as I should have been.

As far as it not being a huge calorie burner… it is for me. I have about 25 pounds to lose also and I burned almost as much as I do with more intense cardio workouts during some of the PiYo workouts, and I didn't feel like I had completely beat myself up afterward you know?