Those "last 15" is the only weight I'm trying to lose. Help!

Options
So I am 5'8" and 150. I'm trying to get back to my usual 130 and I'm feeling like it might be pretty difficult. I have about an inch around me everywhere that I would like to lose. Is there a specific diet I should be on or anything? I eat really healthy, but definitely over-eat. So, limiting my calories is definitely beneficial and I've been under my goal calories every day. I also exercise every day. Thanks in advance!

Replies

• sloth3toes
    sloth3toes Posts: 2,212 Member
    Options
    How long have you been at it? Keeping your calorie deficit reasonable, and exercising should do it. With only 20 lbs to lose, the key is patience. Are you lifting, or just doing cardio?
  • jenncarv1031
    Options
    Read "It Starts with Food" then do a Whole30, it'll come off! It's great
  • malibu927
    malibu927 Posts: 17,565 Member
    Options
    Read "It Starts with Food" then do a Whole30, it'll come off! It's great

Don't listen to this. All you need is a calorie deficit, a bit of cardio, and some heavy lifting. These threads will help you out a lot:

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/1235566-so-you-re-new-here
    http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/1080242-a-guide-to-get-you-started-on-your-path-to-sexypants
  • bridiemac211
    bridiemac211 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    I'm lifting as well.
  • 415sarahb
    Options
    Interested to see the advice on this. I am in exactly the same boat (5'8, 145, trying to get back down to 132). I did Weightwatchers for a while and slowly got down to 141 but as soon as I stopped tracking I gained it right back and then some. I used to be able to lose weight easily in my 20's but now I am 40 it seems so much harder! I have been using MFP for 2 weeks now religiously at 1400 calories per day, doing rigorous cardio and weights for 4 one-hour classes per week, and have lost 1.3lb. So maybe it just comes off slowly and as long as it is moving in the right direction, that is the main thing...?
  • sakuya3834
    sakuya3834 Posts: 116 Member
    Options
    Interested to see the advice on this. I am in exactly the same boat (5'8, 145, trying to get back down to 132). I did Weightwatchers for a while and slowly got down to 141 but as soon as I stopped tracking I gained it right back and then some. I used to be able to lose weight easily in my 20's but now I am 40 it seems so much harder! I have been using MFP for 2 weeks now religiously at 1400 calories per day, doing rigorous cardio and weights for 4 one-hour classes per week, and have lost 1.3lb. So maybe it just comes off slowly and as long as it is moving in the right direction, that is the main thing...?

With so little to lose, .5 lb a week is a good rate.
  • shannonkellyy
    Options
    This happened for me, and i realized the only way to really get it off is switching up your exercise. Do exercise that your body is not used to and make it work harder than it ever has. Try some HIIT if you don't already do it! Gotta get down and dirty to lose those last pounds! :)
  • SueInAz
    SueInAz Posts: 6,592 Member
    Options
    The less weight you have to lose the more slowly it's going to come off. The keys are patience and persistence. I'd suggest less focus on the number on the scale and more on the measuring tape and how you look and feel. Sometimes we get so wrapped up in the scale and forget how little that number really means. No one but you and your docutor sees it. It's definitely possible to have a low number and be unhealthy.

This time around I'm lifting heavy in addition to running. My measurements are nearly as small as when my weight was at it's lowest a few years ago but I weigh about 10 pounds more.
  • 415sarahb
    Options
    Great advice, all - thank you!