Hiya

Options
Hiya,

My name is Lisa. I'm a Canadian currently living in London, England. I'm engaged to be married next summer to a lovely boy named Mike. No kids, no pets....my only responsibilities are to myself and Mike.

Theoretically, that should make this whole weight loss thing super easy, right?

Weight wise - about 3.5 years ago, I weighed in at 305 lbs. Through diet and exercise, got it down to 190. Had a little bit too much booze and food this fall and Christmas, and now I'm back up to 202 lbs.

I'd ideally like to get down to 150 lbs or lower, but right now I'm just aiming for 180. 180 makes me overweight instead of obese, and that would be pretty awesome.

I've done it before. I can do it again. I'd love to make some friends along the way.

- Lisa <3

P.S. - forgot to mention - I have progress pics here:

http://booboomagoo.com/progress-pics/

Replies

• spitfire1962
    spitfire1962 Posts: 347 Member
    Options
    Lisa, I would love to be your friend. Congratulations on the previous weight loss and your engagement! That is amazing! You're right, you've done it before so you know you can do it again. MFP is a great start. I'm sure you will have many friends on here. My start weight was 229, I'm down to 183. But after the holidays back up 3 pounds. So we are in the same boat so to speak. Let's get out there and burn it off! Welcome to MFP and I hope that we will be able to encourage one another. Isabel
  • caitlinclock
    caitlinclock Posts: 528 Member
    Options
    I love you, Lisa. You are such an inspiration to me and I'm so glad to have you on here with me now! <3
    Also, we weigh almost the same thing and have the same goals right now, lol! WE CAN DO IT!
  • toludc
    toludc Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    Im living in manchester. not too far! Your weightloss journey is inspirational. Love you have you as a friend
  • jparson714
    jparson714 Posts: 171 Member
    Options
    Lisa and Caity, I'm right with you too. About the same weight, same goal... feel free to friend me. Good luck!
  • booboomagoo
    booboomagoo Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    Yay! More friends. Caity, my dear, we have been through a lot of adventures "together". Moving around the world, weight loss...dude, we can do ANYTHING!