Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

Best way to kick off your day?

I've just woken up and done a small amount of yoga and 20 squats on a Monday morning to get myself back into the swing of things. I'm taking things easy to start with as I have had a lot of back problems and dont want to strain myself but I have found in the past that yoga is a great way to energize yourself before a long day of sitting at a desk!

What are the best ways you guys have found to start off your days? Is it focussed on food, fitness or both?

Replies

• RHachicho
    RHachicho Posts: 1,115 Member
    Big bowl of cereal. Seriously get between me and it and die.
  • I'm a total morning person, so I LOVE my mornings. I usually get up and slowly get dressed (or sometimes, I just stay in my PJs for a while) and I prepare breakfast. This is seriously like my happy time during the day haha! I really enjoy breakfast; I'm usually up before anyone else in the house and it's just my quiet time. Love it!
  • TheSatinPumpkin
    TheSatinPumpkin Posts: 948 Member
    hot cup of decaf coffee.
  • stuffinmuffin
    stuffinmuffin Posts: 985 Member
    Coffee and my proats (which I make into a gooey chocolately, peanut butter pudding type delight).

See profile picture - appetising huh? :wink:

...and coffee.

Exercise happens before lunch when possible.
  • skullshank
    skullshank Posts: 4,323 Member
    morning bang and waffles.
  • xxharleyquinnxx
    xxharleyquinnxx Posts: 166 Member
    I get up and just pack my bag for work :) exercise is mainly after work unless its a weekend then I get up at roughly the same time and then exercise or have breakfast then exercise after that. I always try to just smile when i get up and think positive things like 'I am going to have a good day today' - it really does help the blues :)
  • Original_Sinner
    Original_Sinner Posts: 180 Member
    Sex. I make it a point to get up 45 minutes earlier so I can get a good bone in before we have to leave for work.
  • Cliffslosinit
    Cliffslosinit Posts: 5,044 Member
    First I sit on my left hand until it gets numb....
  • JtKeil
    JtKeil Posts: 1,389 Member
    Coffee -> Exercise-> Breakfast :drinker:
  • Myhaloslipped
    Myhaloslipped Posts: 4,317 Member
    First I sit on my left hand until it gets numb....

Go on...
  • majica8
    majica8 Posts: 210 Member
    My morning is:
    Wake up at 8:15. Have some breakfast (at the moment it's a small bowl of cereal with yogurt, not milk, but this will switch to porridge when it get's colder), cup of decaf coffee, give that 20 mins to go down then head out for a 2 hour bike ride :)

Never used to be a morning person but since getting into this routine I love mornings. Can't wait to get up and have my cereal and morning bike ride.
  • seltzermint555
    seltzermint555 Posts: 10,740 Member
    Luxurious hour in a hot bath and leisurely breakfast for me. For happiness, wellbeing and my mental health. Exercise can happen later.
  • _Waffle_
    _Waffle_ Posts: 13,049 Member

If you know what I mean?
  • skullshank
    skullshank Posts: 4,323 Member
    Luxurious hour in a hot bath

this is code for something, isn't it?

edit:

If you know what I mean?

oh i do. see you in the morning :flowerforyou: :love:
  • jnichel
    jnichel Posts: 4,553 Member
    Hookers and blow.
  • _Stardust_
    _Stardust_ Posts: 124 Member
    Hookers and blow.

SHHHH! How am I supposed to continue on this path if you keep bragging. Jeez.
  • silver_arrow3
    silver_arrow3 Posts: 1,373 Member
    This. Only not usually waffles...
  • morning bang and waffles.

I prefer french toast to waffles, though.
  • pander101
    pander101 Posts: 677 Member
    I go to an early crossfit workout and then come back and have coffee if I don't fall back asleep on the couch.
  • KarenE86
    KarenE86 Posts: 75 Member
    Green Smoothie