Don't know what to do

Options
I've been on this weight loss journey for a year now. The first 10 months went pretty well. I started when I weighed 493. I lost 80 lbs and was so excited. Then one day I woke up and the motivation was gone. I can not seem to regain it. I hate that I'm slowly turning back into the man I was. That idea scares me to death. I just can't find the motivation to get back on track. I feel like I've let myself down, my family and friends down, and most of all my trainer/friend who has been there by my side. It's gotten to the point I don't text him in the fear I'll let him down.

Replies

• MrsMizart
    MrsMizart Posts: 1,275 Member
    Options
    There'll be a reason for your change.

Give yourself some time to work out what it was. I find that a day out on my own helps clear my head.
  • RodaRose
    RodaRose Posts: 9,562 Member
    Options
    Congratulations on your weight loss.
    Text your friend/trainer. Meet for a talk or walk.
    Remember how far you have come and how many good things you did for yourself. You deserve all those good things and more.
  • Powerliftnjunkie
    Options
    I stopped training for about 3 months and I so regret doing that. I lost a lot of my strength and it's taking a while to get it back. But feeling and seeing my results is awesome. It's weird I know, I have been there, to just lose motivation. I just let too many days slip by without working out and then I just stopped looking or being around anything fitness related. I am happy that I got my mojo back! You will get it back. It's something you have to want really really bad. I don't ever want to go back to where I was! I am sure you don't either but it's up to you to want this more than anything!!
  • psych101
    psych101 Posts: 1,842 Member
    Options
    Stop thinking so much...

Text your trainer friend and meet up, the longer you leave it, the worse you are going to tie yourself up in knots. Remember this feeling and use it - use it to propel yourself forward when you really don't want to, use it to do the hard bits, use it to remind yourself that putting in the work means that you don't have to feel like this again.

You've done so well

Dont give up. Don't ever ever ever give up
  • kevdawg86
    kevdawg86 Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    Thank you everyone for the support. It's greatly appreciated.
  • jemhh
    jemhh Posts: 14,261 Member
    Options
    First off, you have done great work so far. You have lost a lot and made a lot of good changes. So pat yourself on the back for that.

Second, I am a big believer in taking a break once in a while and I think it sounds like you hit the point where you needed one. Diet breaks can help you both psychologically and physiologically. They keep your morale up, especially when you have a long road ahead. Here is an article about diet breaks that I find very helpful and interesting:

http://www.bodyrecomposition.com/fat-loss/the-full-diet-break/