I am overweight !!!!!!!

Options
And proud of it. Today my BMI says over weight "NOT OBESE" I have been obese for the last 25 years. I am 2/3 of the way to my goal. I have lost 60 pounds and still have 30 pounds to go. My wife has lost 31 pounds and her BMI is in the healthy range. I know it seems strange to be proud to be over weight but, it is a big improvement for me.:happy:

Replies

• FunkBunny
    FunkBunny Posts: 417 Member
    Options
    CONGRATS! 60 pounds gone! Nice job!
  • mmelaragno
    Options
    That's great! Congratulations and keep up the great work!!
  • KcFitCoach
    KcFitCoach Posts: 135 Member
    Options
    60 lbs!!!!!!!!!!!!!! That is AWESOME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! WAY TO GO!!!!!!!!!
  • ScorchPA
    Options
    I reached that goal about a week ago too after losing 45 lbs. What a great feeling to no longer be "Obese".

Congratulations and best of luck on the remaining 30 lbs.
  • msemejuru
    Options
    Congratulations! Overweight has never sounded so good.
  • jayshann
    jayshann Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    Congrats on being overweight....Keep up the good work.
  • 60HzShuffle
    Options
    Great job! I hope to be there sometime soon myself :)
  • JodiS75
    JodiS75 Posts: 284
    Options
    WoOHoO! Yay! Congratulations, that's awesome! All of your hard work is paying off!
  • kimdoes
    Options
    Way to go!!! :)
  • mymelody_78
    mymelody_78 Posts: 657 Member
    Options
    60 lbs lost is amazing! I am about 7-8 lbs away from being "overweight" and no longer "obese"! I know the feeling! Such a great thing!
  • taletreader
    taletreader Posts: 377 Member
    Options
    Great work! I can't wait for the day myself :) .
  • gillian_gail
    Options
    I can totally understand, and congratulations. I've been "obese" since I was about 14 years old. I can't weight until I'm "over weight" Keep it up! :happy:

-Gillian
  • ariesldsgal
    ariesldsgal Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    This is a huge victory, congratulations to teaching your body who's the boss . . . your mind!
  • imustdecrease
    Options
    Whooo hooo!
  • OneFitLady
    OneFitLady Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    I hope I can be over weight this year too.

With 60 pounds gone, you can move so much easier and you've eliminated at least the start of some very awful health related issues. That is the true victory. Since you moved to over weight you have also demonstrated will power, another accomplishment!

Hell ya celebrate the overweight category, there's a lot to be proud of with that move : )
  • tarapin
    tarapin Posts: 169
    Options
    That is AWESOME news...congratulations to you and your wife! Keep up the good work :bigsmile:
  • sas16
    sas16 Posts: 610
    Options
    Awesome!! Be proud of your accomplishment! 60 lb loss is GREAT!!!! Congrats to you and the Mrs.

I had the same sense of accomplishment when I went from the obese category to overweight!

Best of luck to you in getting to the "healthy" category! Keep up the great work!!
  • dothompson
    dothompson Posts: 1,184 Member
    Options
    Great job, I have about 20 pounds to go until I can make this post. I'm really envious.
  • Fitzpoppa
    Options
    Very nice work.
  • Fitzpoppa
    Options
    Very nice work.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!