Power 90!

craek
craek Posts: 201 Member
edited September 22 in Fitness and Exercise
So, I am looking into doing Power 90. I just can't afford P90x right now. Was wondering if anyone has done Power 90, what they thought, results, etc. I've done Chalean Extreme, in the middle of my second round, and have added some turbo fire. I'm getting bored with it and want to do some different things! Thanks!

Replies

• edorice
    edorice Posts: 4,519 Member
    My husband and I are doing P90X and Insanity. My daughters are doing Power 90. I think Power 90 is a good workout, but if you've already done Chalean Extreme and Turbo Fire I don't think Power 90 is going to be challenging at all for you. Beachbody offers the payment plan option for P90X, I would recommend that route. The only other program that would be challenging is Insanity. Beyond that, i would recommend creating a good hybrid program for CLX and TF for now.
  • BrentGetsFit
    BrentGetsFit Posts: 878 Member
    I love Power 90! I got halfway through before I hurt my shoulders and had to stop. I was noticing definition in my biceps and chest as well as increased flexibility. I had lost about 25 pounds at the point where I had to stop. The things that appeal to me most are the routine (I can go on autopilot, I hate having to think about how to do a move) and that you can modify moves or do more or less reps as you need to. Some folks in the BB forum I frequent complain about repetitiveness but since I like routine, I haven't minded. My shoulders are almost healed and I can't wait to start it back up. I've already bought the Power 90 Master Series as my next program! Good luck and KPP!
  • AdamATGATT
    AdamATGATT Posts: 573 Member
    I'm about to enter my last 30 days in Power 90. Like Edorice said, if you have done those other two programs, P90 may bore you. It is rather repetetive, and I was happy to get to 3-4, just to do some things differently (though, you'll be doing a majority of the same moves from 1-2, just longer and more quickly).

It has definitely increased my definition, strength, and balance. I'd post some B&A pictures to show you how far I've come in 60 days, but I am trying to save those until I finish at the end of January.

I'll be happy to move on to P90X. It'll definitely have a lot more variety to keep my mind busy during the workouts.
This discussion has been closed.