10 pounds by Thanksgiving

Options
Hey Everyone! So my mom and I placed bets that we would both lose 10 pounds by Thanksgiving. Thanksgiving is about 2 months and a week away, so that's the amount of time I have to lose the 10 pounds from this bet. I currently box/circuit train 3-5 times a week, for 45 minutes to an hour each time. I'm 4'11'' and I weigh 110 pounds currently. I have my calorie goal set at close to 1300, but I eat more on days I workout. Any suggestions from people who have lost their last 10 "vanity" pounds, and how to go about doing this in a relatively short amount of time? Thank you. :)

Replies

• Chalk_Slinger
    Options
    The way I dropped 60 lbs in two months when I wanted to prove I could was simple: proteins and vegetables. I avoided ALL carbohydrates (yes, I know there are good ones) and once a week would have a candy bar to spike the metabolism. Lost 62 lbs in March and April that year.
  • kgeyser
    kgeyser Posts: 22,505 Member
    Options
    The problem here is that you are trying to lose vanity weight, and that doesn't come off in a short period of time. A loss of 0.5 lb per week is realistic when it comes to the last 10, and expect to have weeks where you don't lose at all.
  • JustSomeEm
    JustSomeEm Posts: 20,197 MFP Moderator
    Options
    A pound of weight loss happens when you eat 3500 calories LESS than you use. Yes, it's absolutely possible to lose 10 pounds in 10 weeks. Just eat a healthy diet at whatever calorie number MFP assigns to you, and continue exercising. Vanity pounds don't move off more slowly (or quickly) than any other weight. Those pounds are still bound by the fact that it takes 3500 calories to lose one - so if you're eating at a deficit of 500 calories each day (or the equivalent of 3500 calories each week), then you'll lose an average of a pound a week. BUT, please keep in mind that weight loss isn't linear. You may find yourself holding onto weight for a while and then experiencing a sudden drop in weight. :)

Good luck.