Goal weight opinions wanted, please!

Options
13»

Replies

• cbbecky
    Options
    I think it totally depends on your body type. I am 5'10" and my starting weight is 180 lbs. This is the most I've ever weighed in my life (other than when I was pregnant) and it feels too big for ME. My goal weight is 140 lbs. That is what I weighed as an adult before I had kids.

I have always thought that there are some people who can "do" curvy and some who have a harder time pulling it off. I have a hard time pulling it off! I seem to get lumpy in all the wrong places...for example, my hips don't seem to widen but my belly grows. And I gain fat in my face. I think I have a thin body type so I need to be on the lower end of my healthy weight range to look proportional.

I say, reevaluate when you get to 180 and see what you want to do from there. Whether it's your end goal or an intermediate one, it will still be a great accomplishment when you get there and something to celebrate.
  • CoryIda
    CoryIda Posts: 7,887 Member
    Options
    I think it totally depends on your body type. I am 5'10" and my starting weight is 180 lbs. This is the most I've ever weighed in my life (other than when I was pregnant) and it feels too big for ME. My goal weight is 140 lbs. That is what I weighed as an adult before I had kids.
    I have always thought that there are some people who can "do" curvy and some who have a harder time pulling it off. I have a hard time pulling it off! I seem to get lumpy in all the wrong places...for example, my hips don't seem to widen but my belly grows. And I gain fat in my face. I think I have a thin body type so I need to be on the lower end of my healthy weight range to look proportional.

That is a great point. My stomach is always the last thing to gain and the first thing to go so even now, when I still have nearly 60 pounds to go to reach 180, I have obvious curves instead of just lumps. They are extremely "padded" curves, but they are curves nonetheless. My face also is long and angular and I have an almost-Jay Leno chin :cry: , which isn't obvious when I am fat but it looks especially pokey when I am thin -- that would be the one thing I'm not particularly looking forward to about losing lots of weight - I could stand to have a thinner face than it is now, but I hope my face looks better thin as an adult than it did as a teenager.