First Time BodyStep - Sore Butt!

Options
So, I am in the process of trying out different classes at my gym and attended my first BodyStep class yesterday..

I really enjoyed it~! I felt able to keep up, didn't feel like it was too overwhelming, found it easier to follow the keen beans in front when the teacher is facing us (I get all confused in over thinking about which foot is supposed to go where), music was good etc.

Anyone else started recently or remember their first BodyStep class?

So in my journey, I've tried things like LBT classes, Jillian Michael's LBT video, Step Aerobics, BodyPump.. and various other things involving squats/lunges/etc.. And never before have I had a sore bottom, UNTIL TODAY.

I am surprised that it was BodyStep that finally gave me the bottom burn (have been secretly jealous of my sister who always complains of a sore butt after a JM workout)..

Feel free to share the joys/stories of bottom burn inducing moments/workouts. :flowerforyou:

Replies

• stuffinmuffin
    stuffinmuffin Posts: 985 Member
    Options
    I love the Les Mills gym classes and attend Body Pump, CX Worx and Indoor Cycling regularly. I also try and do one of their GRIT sessions a week.

The most pain I had been in from a class was the Body Pump. Everything hurt so bad!!! (But it did feel very good!).

I haven't tried to Body Step class but would be up for giving it a go. Body Combat is good also...but just not my bag.
  • HauteP1nk
    HauteP1nk Posts: 2,139 Member
    Options
    I love the Les Mills / Goodlife classes! And it is awesome that you have found a new class to keep yourself challenge.

My favorites are BodyShred, CXWoRX, and BodyPump. That being said, I also take BodyFlow and BodyStep on occasion.

For me, the body step always ends up killing my calves! I rarely feel it in my butt... That could be because I am always struggling to keep up. Maybe I am not that coordinated! lol I find the BodyPump always burns my glutes...especially the lunge track! lol
  • beachgal0626
    beachgal0626 Posts: 1,910 Member
    Options
    Bump to reply later!