I need heo get back on track...

Options
Between January and June, I got myself into a good routine of eating healthy and exercising and I lost 30lb.
Then in June, I went on holiday to France to see my Mom and Dad, I threw caution to the wind and I put on 7lb.
Since I got back, I have struggled to keep on the straight and narrow and my weight has bounced up and down losing and gaining the same 4-5 lbs.
I can’t seem to get focused and back in the swing of things.

I lose weight, I am at goal for 2 days and then blam, the rest of the week I am over and gain weight.
The next week I am super good, lose weight and then the next week the cycle starts again.

I am hungry all the time and I have started slipping back into old habits.
For example: I used to buy too much food at lunch, eat some of it in the car and hide the wrappers and then take the rest back to work.
I can’t go back to the way I was, I want to go down not up but I can’t seem to get back on track.

I have thought about setting my calories at maintenance (1963) for a week and then every week drop my calories by 50 until I get to 1463 calories which is a 1lb loss.
Does anybody think that this will work?

If anybody as any advise for me, I would be grateful because I cant go back to the way I was.

Replies

• KaJaa58
    Options
    Boy can I relate to you. After being on my diet for a yr. I took some time off, now I have good weeks and bad weeks. I have lost and gain the same 3-4 lbs for over 3 months. I'll do good for a few days then the hungries get me and I feel like I'm eating everything in sight. I had been on MFP for support only felt ashamed by my lack of will power so I quit. I'm back cause I need to get back on track.
    Some of the foods I have found that help are raw veggies like carrots and celery. They are low calorie, high fiber and give me that need to crunch and chew feeling. Though watermelon is high in carbs I still eat it as it also has high fiber and loaded with a natural sugar to ward off cravings.