Need You Input :)

Options
Hello,

Please help me and let me kno what you think are the best or your favorites from the following:

1. Scale
2. Juicer

I'm trying to figure out what I want to buy. I don't have a juicer and want to start juicing this new year. I do have a scale but I want to get a new one that will be the most accurate.

Because I can just feel it!! This is the year I will reach all my weigh-loss goals.

Thanks!

Replies

• TrainingWithTonya
    TrainingWithTonya Posts: 1,741 Member
    Options
    I'd go for the juicer since you don't have one yet. Then if you get some extra $ later in the year you can upgrade the scale but have at least one of each now.
  • CarterGrt
    CarterGrt Posts: 289 Member
    Options
    I find that accuracy in a scale is less important than consitency. What you really want from a scale is to provide directional information over time.

My two cents.

--Carter
  • SassyStef
    Options
    I agree, get the juicer!! lol a scale can always be upgraded later :wink:
  • NoAdditives
    NoAdditives Posts: 4,251 Member
    Options
    I wouldn't get a juicer, I'd get a VitaMix blender. Juicers throw out the best (nutritionally speaking) parts of the fruits and vegetables that you put in and leave you with what is essentially sugar water with a few vitamins thrown in. Have you ever noticed how one glass of apple juice has almost twice the calories of a whole apple? It's because the juice is what has all the sugar and calories. The whole fruits has all kinds of beneficial ingredients like fiber and vitamins.

With the VitaMix you can throw in whole fruits and vegetables and everything is pureed so finely you won't notice or taste skins or seeds. The blades spin so fast they can pulverize strawberry seeds! And that's great because strawberry seeds have tons of cancer fighting agents inside that our bodies never get to use. All kinds of fruit and vegetable parts that we normally throw away are incredibly great for our bodies. Things like cantaloupe seeds, pineapple cores, the white part of orange peels...You can even mix in vegetables with a smoothies or even desserts and never know they were there.

If you're looking for something that will truly improve your health, the VitaMix is it!
  • gabyp0716
    gabyp0716 Posts: 351 Member
    Options
    Thanks all!

I guess I didn't type my question right. I'm actually going to get both. I wanted input on your favorite brands of scaled and of juices to start making some decisions on which to get.

@NoAdditives - yes, I've been hearing sooo many good things about the VitaMix, thanks so much for your input. I'll look more into those.