What do you do with your "fat" clothes?

Options
arditarose
arditarose Posts: 15,575 Member
I'm having a hard time getting rid of mine! I have that fear that I'll need them again someday, but that's probably an unhealthy fear. Anyway, what have you guys done with your clothes that no longer fit-store them away, donate, sell?

I have some stuff that is to pricey to donate, I would need to make some money off of them to help buy a new wardrobe.

Replies

• LoneWolf_70
    LoneWolf_70 Posts: 1,151 Member
    Options
    Goodwill.
  • FemWeight
    Options
    I'm having a hard time getting rid of mine! I have that fear that I'll need them again someday, but that's probably an unhealthy fear. Anyway, what have you guys done with your clothes that no longer fit-store them away, donate, sell?

I have some stuff that is to pricey to donate, I would need to make some money off of them to help buy a new wardrobe.

Donate to a local good will like Lone said.

Or you can use them as fabric as pillows and such to remind yourself to keep pushing to stay away from ever getting into your "fat" clothes again. Its what I plan to do :D
  • yopeeps025
    yopeeps025 Posts: 8,680 Member
    Options
    Goodwill.

+1
  • mccindy72
    mccindy72 Posts: 7,001 Member
    Options

If you need the money from them to buy new ones, try selling them on Craiglist or eBay.
  • asdowe13
    asdowe13 Posts: 1,951 Member
    Options
    Ebay, or craigslist
  • ketowerdefense
    ketowerdefense Posts: 397 Member
    Options
    I'm donating them to Goodwill - if I keep them, I'm scared I'll need them again. I don't want that safety blanket! I want them gone gone gone, never to fit me again.

Goodwill has been getting some great finds off me lately - some of my jeans were worn only a few times (casual Fridays, weekends), before I sized out of them.
  • keeponkickin
    keeponkickin Posts: 1,520 Member
    Options
    Donated most of them but my "fat" jeans I cut into quilt squares and made lap throws for my kids.
  • wolverine66
    wolverine66 Posts: 3,780 Member
    Options

I fear that i will need mine again too.

That said, you (and I) could probably stand to donate some. Anything that was expensive and you want to get a little money for, you could use ebay. People will sell individual pieces of clothing and boxes of "assorted XL tshirts" and make a few bucks off of them.
  • BlueBombers
    BlueBombers Posts: 4,065 Member
    Options
    I donated them to goodwill.
  • Missjulesdid
    Missjulesdid Posts: 1,444 Member
    Options
    I consign what I can and the rest gets donated just as soon as they're even the slightest bit large. When I bring my clothes in to consign or donate, I walk out with replacements that are about a size too small so I always have a reserve of clothes I can shrink into!
  • jmurray90
    jmurray90 Posts: 431 Member
    Options
    uhm idk about you, but to all of these people donating, I don't have the money to go buy new clothes. That being said I trade mine at consignment stores like Platos Closet, so I can trade for things that fit. also sites on fb like swap and shop pages are good for selling or trading clothes.
  • elprincipito
    elprincipito Posts: 1,200 Member
    Options
    save them for bulking season
  • MinnieInMaine
    MinnieInMaine Posts: 6,400 Member
    Options
    I've kept most of my t-shirts and the old ones are used for workouts. I also kept one pair of jeans to use for things like yard work and shoveling snow. Everything else has gone to Goodwill. If your clothes are "pricey" and in good shape, you're probably better off selling them online. From what I've seen, most consignment shops won't give you a lot of money...but there are some more high end 2nd hand shops so you could see what's in your area and give them a call to find out.

Tailoring is also an option.
  • dcaiani
    dcaiani Posts: 2,819 Member
    Options
    I've gone back to wearing them!! :laugh: Too much beer and bad food this summer!!
  • Monkey_Business
    Monkey_Business Posts: 1,800 Member
    Options
    Sold to Omar the tent maker

And for those he did not want donated to Goodwill.
  • WhatAnAss
    WhatAnAss Posts: 1,598 Member
    Options
    First I offer mine to family, friends and co-workers and whatever I have left I take to goodwill.
  • scrapalooza
    scrapalooza Posts: 335 Member
    Options
    I also donated all of mine.
  • kborton1122
    kborton1122 Posts: 914 Member
    Options
    I donate mine, but I have always kept some jeans/slacks that are one size bigger. Just incase I have a "fat" day.
  • dMonster01
    dMonster01 Posts: 214 Member
    Options
    Gave to a coworker. She was more than happy to take them.
  • jennylilac
    jennylilac Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    Pinterest has some great ideas on how to repurpose old clothes into new. I plan on doing that with some of mine.