Second Time Around

Options
So, I am now in my second, and hopefully final attempt at losing weight. I spent the better half of 2013 steadily on the decline, My high being 280 in January 2012. I was 272 when I began my journey on MFP in Nov '12, by Aug '13 I was at my low of 195. Weddings, holidays and laziness have led me to gaining back 55 pounds. After a summer of pride, strutting the beach shirtless, feeling good about myself. Going on roller coasters, not worrying about being too fat, or having to sit in the fat seats it was right back to that feeling this summer. Definitely an up and down ride. I am 110% committed to not only getting back to 195, but getting to my original goal of 185, and staying there. There is no worse feeling than having to unbox all of your old fat clothes because you dont fit into your new wardrobe. I cannot wait to wear my 36 waist shorts/pants again and my L and XL shirts.

No more lazy days for me.

Replies

• nmlmom
    nmlmom Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    I'm right there with ya, cuz!! I gained back about 25 lbs. because of baseball practice and games, school and, like you, laziness!! We can do this! I am starting over TODAY!!!
  • Iwishyouwell
    Iwishyouwell Posts: 1,888 Member
    Options
    Been there, done that. It's an AWFUL feeling to get so close to your goal and then blow it all away.

At least you're getting promptly back on track. The first time I lost a massive amount of weight, kept most of it off for years, but then regained all of it back and then some I was so devastated, ashamed, and frustrated that it took me YEARS to really put in another successful effort. And I regained large amounts of weight 3 times after that!
  • kala_rebecca
    Options
    Yeah, it's difficult for me to maintain my weight. I originally lost almost 100 lbs (225 down to 129), and since gained back over 30 lbs. I've been hovering in the 160s to 170s for the past year and a half (so I guess that's something) and would love to lose *at least* 20 lbs. I try to remind myself how much I'd love to be this size when I was at my largest. Going from a US women's size 4 dress/size 6 pants to a size 10-12 has made me feel pretty bad about myself, though. I never want to wear plus size clothes again, and I'm almost there :(

I'm trying to lose that weight again too before my weight creeps back up. It sneaks up on you.
  • eleanoreb
    eleanoreb Posts: 621 Member
    Options
    so much harder the second time around..motivation just isn't as high.. feel free to add me!!