new, don't know my weight

Options
2»

Replies

• Sharon_C
    Sharon_C Posts: 2,132 Member
    Options
    I did the same thing. I kept telling myself it was just a number and I didn't need to know. But then I realized that I really DID need to know--at least for me--so I could really dedicate myself to being a healthier person. I was pleasantly surprised because the number in my head wasn't the same number on the scale.

But if you truly don't want to weigh yourself there are other ways to measure success. Take measurements of your waist, bust and hips (and any other body part you want to track).

Good luck and welcome to MFP!
  • brenn24179
    brenn24179 Posts: 2,144 Member
    Options
    Bite the bullet and do it! I know I did not want to, dieted a couple of weeks before I would dare step on the scale, I knew it would be bad and it was, 208 lbs and probably was a little more 2 wks earlier. Now I don't mind weighing, you will get there also.
  • bfergusonii
    bfergusonii Posts: 208 Member
    Options
    Just do it, but remember that it is only one of many better measurements.

Get your starting weight.
    Take your measurements.
    Take some starting pictures.

You will be glad you took the pictures later.
  • amehh91
    amehh91 Posts: 1,282 Member
    Options
    Just thought I would report my findings. I did it, I got on the darn scale and as I expected, I'm heavier than I guessed. BUT only by 15lb and surprisingly it really didnt bother me! I was so much more afraid to get on than I was when I saw the number. Thanks for the encouraging words everyone!

Way to go! Well done taking that step :) I'll be there in 12 days time and your courage has inspired me to just get on with it, especially knowing the stepping on is worse than the actual number. And well done losing your first pound :) x
  • twinkletwinklemeganstar
    Options
    Don't weight yourself if you don't wanna weigh yourself. What works best for everyone else might not work for you...I have failed more trying to do things the way other people do it...i'm doing it my way this time and it's working :-)