new wanna lose 50 lbs by July....all help appriciated!

Options
I am brand new....like a few mins ago. I could use all the help I can get! I LOVE sweets so any help and hints in that area. Generally I love having lazy days....and that has gotta change! Some family over Christmas told me about this site so I am gonna give it a try. We are planning to go to Florida in July and I really, really , really, really don't want to look or feel like I do now! I want to be fit, feeling good, and ready to play in the sunshine!

Replies

• tommygurl48670
    Options
    Im in the same boat as you. I need to lose 50-60lbs. Wishing it wasnt so hard. I would like to lose it by May-June. I have a 2 yr old to run after. I need to be more fit and healthy :)
  • slphillips2
    Options
    I don't know if this will help or not, but I like sweets too and hated artificial sweeteners and these things I have learned to deal with. I like Crystal Light Cherry Pomegrante to drink on occasion, i use yogurt and fruit parfaits to make me feel like I'm getting a treat, I have one Jello Mousse Temptations that are 60 calories each day for dinner so that's kinda my end of the day treat that keeps me motivated to eat correctly. If I run out of calories before my treat time, then I don't get my chocolate. It's some weird psychological game I play with myself, but it works because I've never went over....LOL.

Hope that helps a little! Good luck!
  • tashie76
    Options
    Hi, I'm new too and joined a few days ago. So far I've not thrown myself into it, just wanted to get new years eve out of the way and then thats it. However, I have been trying not to go mad with food, but having a bit of what I fancy over christmas.

I too want to lose 50lb as a start, and then take it from there. I am already a member of a gym and go regularly and lovegoing, but got out of the habit recently as I have a baby girl who is 6 months old, so I'm just trying to get back into the swing of it. Maybe you could try to find some kind of exercise you enjoy. It is said that if you enjoy the exercise you are more likely to stick at it.

Maybe we could offer each other some support as we are both looking to lose the same amount? I'm sure you can do it. x
  • wccafe
    wccafe Posts: 20
    Options
    My trusty secret is chewing gum. Orbit and Extra have fantastic sugar free gum that is fruity and sweet, and I find that 5 by Wrigleys has the longest lasting flavor. My mouth stays busy, and the dessert gums like strawberry shortcake, key lime pie and mint choclate chip get the flavor in my mouth and I can then convinve my mind that we are satisified. Best of luck!!
  • jparson714
    jparson714 Posts: 171 Member
    Options
    I'm a school teacher so when I do get a day off, I want to be lazy too! Those kids just wear me out!
    That's partly why I joined MFP. I need the motivation to get up and do things and to keep track of where I am on my journey!
    Good luck and feel free to add me as a friend!
  • EmyleeNoel
    EmyleeNoel Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    Totally understand where you are coming from. I LOVE my sweets. I have learned that I am allowed some sweets now and then within reason if I EARN them. I will work out and extra 20 minutes to be able to have 1/2 cup of sherbert. Or just 2 pieces of chocolate. :) Just stay focused and keep track of everything. That is the ONLY way to succeed and keep it off. :) 50 pounds by July sounds like a big goal, I myself have the goal of 125 pounds by Christmas. :) Just stay focused and you can do it!