Calorie Counting Watches???? HELP

shastacrystal
shastacrystal Posts: 262
edited September 22 in Fitness and Exercise
Does anyone now if this one is any good?

Sportline 555 Women's Calorie Tracking Fitness Watch

I am looking for one that is not that expensive but is of course accurate.

This one is selling on amazon.com for like 28!

Replies

• kt2007
    kt2007 Posts: 302 Member
    If you got a cell phone look up some apps. You could save the money and theres some great apps out there for cal counting. HINT HINT MFP is a great app to add.
  • MichelleFirestone
    MichelleFirestone Posts: 212 Member
    my husband got me a Heart rate watch for christmas that counts the calories.
    its a sportline from walmart. it was $29

you have to keep checking your heart rate, to get acurate calories. and it won't read your heart rate, if your moving. so in order to get acurate calories, you have to constantly stop, get heart rate.

I'm not impressed. but has alot of nice other features. just not impressed with the calories.
  • I do have MFP on my cell but it overestimates on calories burned I think. I know the more you weigh the more you burn but I just want to know exactly what I am burning. I dont even trust the cardio machine counters because they vary so much from one gym to another.
  • Does MFP factor in your weight when it tells you what you have burned? Are they user entries or actual calculations?
  • Mindful_Trent
    Mindful_Trent Posts: 3,954 Member
    HRMs with chest straps/bands are much more accurate than the wrist bands. It's a little odd feeling at first, but you get used to it. Another idea is a BodyMedia FIT or Bodybugg - these aren't HRMs but are designed to be worn all day and estimate your total calorie burn, even when not exercising. (HRM's are only accurate for use when exercising constantly - ex. not for casual activity like walking around the store, lifting weights, etc.)
  • I got a hrm watch from walmart and i actually love it seems to count my calories fine while working out .. it was 27.99 i enjoy it while it was the only thing in my budget :)
This discussion has been closed.