Best burger?

Options
Joannah700
Joannah700 Posts: 2,665 Member
I imagine there are many amazing burgers out there.

And there are some in my neighborhood that are fantastic - but not a chain.

So...who has the best burger?

If you want to be fancy, you can list your favorite 'chain' burger and your favorite local burger.

Replies

• Joannah700
    Options
    Chain: Islands

ls.jpg

Local Dive: Brix Sunset Beach - The Verklempt

Verklempt2-150x150.jpg
  • keefmac
    keefmac Posts: 313 Member
    Options
    Local Butchers burger cooked on my charcoal bbq!.
  • wolverine66
    wolverine66 Posts: 3,780 Member
    Options
    I can't remember the name of the place, but I remember the burger like it was yesterday. Many years ago, when I was a freshman in college, my mom and I went to the southern part of the state to watch my brother in his HS State Cross Country meet. While we were there, we went to this restaurant that was western themed, in a cheesy way. It had saloon doors and stained glass with cowboys and sunsets.

There I ordered a burger that was 1/2 lb of beef. It was smothered with mozzerella cheese, onlions and jalapeno peppers. It was so large, and messy, I had to "finish" with a knife and fork. (i didn't eat the whole thing)

Since then, I have felt like Marshall from "How I Met Your Mother" in search of this place with the perfect burger. But now that it's been about 18 years, it's probably not even open anymore.
  • sentaruu
    sentaruu Posts: 2,206 Member
    Options
    Hand's down the best cheeseburger I ever had was at a local place by me. Everything from the bun, cheese and meat was awesome! Then again I was in the hospital and out of my mind on morphine... and I think it was microwaved.
  • Monkey_Business
    Monkey_Business Posts: 1,800 Member
    Options
    Most enjoyed Burger:
    Graduation Day from Ranger School 1981:
    Four Wind's Ranger Burger
    After 11 weeks in Ranger school it was just totally awesome! Juice running down my arm and dripping off my elbow. It was too much too fast after eating at a malnutrition level, it all came back up.

Have not found anything locally here in NC, then again not really looking at this point.

Current Favorite:
    Vortex in Atlanta GA:
    CORONARY BYPASStm 12.50
    Our big half-pound sirloin patty topped with a
    fried egg, three slices of American cheese, and
    four slices of bacon. We’ll provide plenty of mayo
    for this burger, which we highly recommend you
    use. And yes, it comes with a side item too.

DOUBLE CORONARY BYPASStm16.95
    Twice as ridiculous as the Coronary Bypass!
    Topped with two fried eggs, six slices of American
    cheese, and eight slices of bacon, served between
    two grilled cheese sandwiches that we use in
    place of the regular hamburger buns.
    u u u OMFG BURGERS u u u

TRIPLE CORONARY BYPASStm (aka THE SUPER-STACK) 28.95
    It becomes difficult to even describe this, the most preposterous of our Bypass Burgers. It’s sort of a Coronary
    Bypass surrounded by a Double Coronary Bypass. Sort of. We guess all you really need to know is that we use
    three burger patties, three fried eggs, fourteen slices of American cheese, and ten slices of bacon, all packed
    between two grilled cheese sandwiches. Figuring out how to add condiments is completely up to you. It’s
    served in a big bowl of french fries and tater tots covered, in lots of our Cheesy-Cheese Goo. Enjoy!
  • Beezil
    Beezil Posts: 1,677 Member
    Options
    Anything from Max & Erma's. :3
  • TheRoadDog
    TheRoadDog Posts: 11,793 Member
    Options
    I prefer my own, but, whenever we travel and come across an In 'N Out Burger, we always stop and get a Double Double.
  • MasterBroshi
    MasterBroshi Posts: 108 Member
    Options
    I visit a place called Smashburger once a week. I cry from happiness every time.
  • Alisontheice
    Alisontheice Posts: 9,624 Member
    Options
    Burgers Priest. Soooo yummy. Although they are expanding rapidly so I suspect the quality will go down soon.
  • mhlew
    mhlew Posts: 377 Member
    Options
    In-N-Out Burger NEVER dissapoints.
  • FabulousFantasticFifty
    FabulousFantasticFifty Posts: 195,833 Member
    Options
    Organically fed Beef, fire grilled medium rare with Swiss and sauteed Mushrooms, lettuce, tomato and a smidge of brown mustard! NOM!!!
  • TheBrolympus
    TheBrolympus Posts: 586 Member
    Options
    Square Burger and Kenny's Burger Joint are some of the best burgers north of Dallas.

In-n-out just came to Dallas a couple years ago and people raved about it. Meh, it's okay.
  • TheBrolympus
    TheBrolympus Posts: 586 Member
    Options
    I visit a place called Smashburger once a week. I cry from happiness every time.
    The rosemary fries are really good!!!
  • Lrdoflamancha
    Lrdoflamancha Posts: 1,280 Member
    Options
    Local place in So Ca. Called Habit....great place , matter of fact rated as the best burger nationwide by Consumers Report.
  • Soggynode
    Soggynode Posts: 1,179 Member
    Options
    Local place called Fatty Patty's has great tasting burger the size of small a hubcap. It would blow my macros for a week. I used to go to a neighborhood bar in San Diego that had a massive chili burger called the Thunderhumper. It was as good as it was big. If you ordered one you had to wear a special hat letting everyone know to keep a good distance away.
  • Joannah700
    Options
    Square Burger and Kenny's Burger Joint are some of the best burgers north of Dallas.

In-n-out just came to Dallas a couple years ago and people raved about it. Meh, it's okay.

If you do In N Out, you have to use the secret menu to make it worth it. Animal Style - they grill mustard on the bun, add grilled onions and pickles - makes a big difference. You can google the secret menu and it changes Everything about In N Out.

Like...you can get animal style fries...or get a burger proteins style with no bun...(but why deprive yourself of a bun?!)
  • jyogit
    jyogit Posts: 280 Member
    Options
    i always goto checker burgers when I'm in florida .. don't know if they're still going..hope so cos ill be looking out for one again next june :)
  • janine2355
    janine2355 Posts: 628 Member
    Options
    Favorite local would be "the cabin" or "Fanatics" chain, Wendy's or Mcdonalds
  • Alluminati
    Alluminati Posts: 6,208 Member
    Options
    Cue the In N Out vs Five Guys posts
  • FatOldManMN
    FatOldManMN Posts: 1,116 Member
    Options
    Chateau Blanc