Weight Catching up to you..

Options
I weighed myself after the holidays and I had lost 9lbs (in a couple months) and also finally made it under the 150s. This was after all the pigging out and such. I told my friend, he's all into fitness and nutrition, and he said that the weight I gain from a week of crap eating will not show up for a week after. Is this true?

Now i'm scared s***less to way myself this week :((

Replies

• bethvandenberg
    bethvandenberg Posts: 1,496 Member
    Options
    I don't think that's true. I think the weight would have shown up. I think if you stay on that pattern you'd gain. People talk about confusing your body and so maybe that's just it. Whatever it is just get back on the bandwagon and do your best.
  • mariasheehan
    Options
    I heard this before too, and I'm not really sure what the answer is, so it'll be interesting to hear what qualified MFP members post. I thought that 3500 calories equals 1lb, so if you eat 3500 OVER your BMR then you'll put on 1lb, 7,000 over equals 2lb etc, from my personal experience, I usually see a gain within the week or at the end of the week, I don't usally have to wait too long, but that's just me. It would be nice to know the 'science' behind it. Thanks for posting this.