slowly but surely!

Options
I joined right after Thanksgiving when I ate so much I was literally in pain! What was I doing to myself? Being overweight runs in my family. My mom has been a yo-yo dieter my whole life and maybe i blame that on never learning how to eat properly. I don't want to do some diet that makes me lose weight really fast cause I know I will gain it right back. I've been overweight pretty much since puberty and rarely tried to tackle it because of the fear of failing and gaining it back- I chose to remain fat.

Now that i have seen my mom battle with diabetes and wayyyy too many years of feeling bad about my body I think its time to change. I have met the person I want to spend the rest of my life with, I am running a successful floral design business (in March it will be 8 years!) and if it weren't for my weight I'd say i have everything I ever wanted. So why am i holding back on this one thing??

2 years ago I was able to do a similar regimen and lost 20lbs. I kept about 10lbs of it off, gained the other 10 back. I know if i don't do something now, that other 10 will slowly slip back on. Although I hurt my back 3 weeks ago and haven't really been able to go to the gym, I've still managed to lose 6 lbs. Imagine how much more i can do with exercise!! Though the idea of getting back into shape is incredibly daunting when I realize how much I've slipped-ugh!

I love the idea of this site, I'm always browsing groups and bulletins and I think its great motivation. Feel free to add me as a friend!

Oh and quick question- do you count calories on vegetables??? I never did on my old program, but want to make sure I'm not "cheating". Yes, I do count the oil or butter substitute I use to cook them in- I'm not a complete lair! : )

Replies

• khskr1
    khskr1 Posts: 392
    Options
    I count everything. Everything has calories and those little ones will sneak up on you. It will also help you be accountable for how many veggies you're getting in a day. Friend request sent! :)
  • carrieann8080
    Options
    I do put down the veggies only so I remeber what I ate throughout the day :) The calorie count is pretty insignificant for most types but it will give you an accurate detail at least :) The holidays are a hard time to keep it honest....let's just say I have been exercising a lot to keep under my calorie goal!! Damn Christmas cookies :) Good luck, feel free to add me as a freind!
  • jparson714
    jparson714 Posts: 171 Member
    Options
    I agree with everyone else. Count everything! I love this site because there is no "system" to buy into. It's simply eat healthy and exercise, and they've provided a fabulously easy way to track it.
    Friend request sent! Good luck!
  • amycrims
    Options
    thanks guys! my favorite part is at the end f the day when it tells you- if everyday were like today you'd be XXXlbs in 5 weeks. LOVE that kind of motivation!!
  • jparson714
    jparson714 Posts: 171 Member
    Options
    It is absolutely the best part of the day! That number seems so attainable when it's presented like that!