Today I did 6 chin-ups....

About 2 months ago I finally could do a chin-up and today I hit 6. :drinker:

How many can you all do?

Replies

• sjaplo
    sjaplo Posts: 974 Member
    Wonderful! Great for you!

Three months ago I could do 3, maybe 4. This morning I did 5 sets of 6 chin ups and 5 sets of 6 pull ups - among other exercises.

:drinker:
  • Serah87
    Serah87 Posts: 5,481 Member

Three months ago I could do 3, maybe 4. This morning I did 5 sets of 6 chin ups and 5 sets of 6 pull ups - among other exercises.

That's wonderful!!....and thank you. :flowerforyou:

I can do 5 sets of 6 chin-ups also, now what is the difference between chin-ups and pull-ups?? Is that over hand and under hand??
  • mccindy72
    mccindy72 Posts: 7,001 Member
    I am impressed. No sarcasm, promise. I want to do chin ups, whenever I get around to getting a chin up bar. even back in school, I remember that chin ups were the one thing that were always hard for me. Leg things, easy. Chin ups - argh! I need to get a chin up bar.
  • Serah87
    I am impressed. No sarcasm, promise. I want to do chin ups, whenever I get around to getting a chin up bar. even back in school, I remember that chin ups were the one thing that were always hard for me. Leg things, easy. Chin ups - argh! I need to get a chin up bar.

I got the chin-up bar about 8 months ago. I tried and tried and couldn't even get my feet off the ground, gave up and tried a couple of months ago and I did it I think it was 2 chin-ups, I was so excited!!
  • elprincipito
    elprincipito Posts: 1,200 Member
    women have more lower body strength! And yea back in high school I could not do one lol.
    The most I've ever done is like 15 wide grip pull ups.
  • Wonderful! Great for you!

I can do 5 sets of 6 chin-ups also, now what is the difference between chin-ups and pull-ups?? Is that over hand and under hand??
    Yes that is the exact difference.

Did 5 chin ups today on the playground!
  • FitnessTrainer69
    FitnessTrainer69 Posts: 283 Member
    Good job. Keep it up.
  • Serah87

Yes that is the exact difference.

Did 5 chin ups today on the playground!

Thank you. I thought so, just went and tried pull-ups and did 6. :smile:
  • brittanyrose90
    brittanyrose90 Posts: 20 Member
    That's awesome! Can't wait til I can do just one!