In general, what amount would be considered low-carb?

100 grams a day? 50? 20?

Replies

• xmusicloverr
    xmusicloverr Posts: 100 Member
    I'm eating 80 carbs a day and that's considered low, but I think around 50 carbs is the standard for low carb
  • Camo_xxx
    Camo_xxx Posts: 1,082 Member
    100 grams a day? 50? 20?

Many people would consider those low carb.

If you are asking how many carbs you can consume and remain in keto then that is going to depend on your body. It takes a bit of personal experimenting to find your ideal amount.

I normally stay around 30 but can eat double that and stay in keto, not sure my upper end since I don't go there as I am happy where I am at.
  • TRAINR1
    TRAINR1 Posts: 3 Member
    Carbs are very hard to dictate for me because i train at least 2-3 times of day with 1 major workout with my Texans.
  • neanderthin
    neanderthin Posts: 10,152 Member
    For study purposes, anything under the RDA. Most people believe anything under 100g's is low carb though, and quite a few under 50.
  • taraskylit
    taraskylit Posts: 48 Member
    I would say anything under 100g a day.
    This would be relative to total calories but.
    20-50g are generally considered keto levels.
  • Are you looking to get into ketosis or just eat low carb? If you aren't following a ketogenic diet, under 100 g is usually low carb. Under 50 g is approaching keto, if not already there for some people. Under 20 g is definitely ketogenic level as long as you aren't eating so much protein that it converts to glucose and stops ketone production. The bulk of your calories would need to come from fats.