Tips for losing face fat?

Options
I heard facial workouts and chewing gum helps, but I'm not sure.
I am down to 176 pounds and my face looks massive to me, my cheeks are huge and I hate it!

anyone have tips or do all these "workouts" not work?

Replies

• fisherwomanjax
    fisherwomanjax Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    Looking up at the sky as far as you can put your head up open your mouth as far as you can then close it and make a kiss face. My grandmother taught me that for a facial exercise to prevent wrinkles but when I did it my neck felt like it did push ups.. Hope that helps
  • Missjulesdid
    Missjulesdid Posts: 1,444 Member
    Options
    Facial fat is associated with youth. You're 18. Give it a few years.
  • mzbek24
    mzbek24 Posts: 436 Member
    Options
    I think you will just have to hang in there, to be honest.
    While nothing wrong with chewing gum or doing facial exercises, I see no real reason why it would be any different to weight loss on other areas of the body-you probably can't spot reduce it with exercises, and it would likely be one of the last things to go for you in your weight loss journey. I think continuing to eat at a deficit should see that loss happen- we're all just predisposed to lose from certain areas first or last, like some people have trouble shifting it from the middle etc...that has been my experience. My face also was huge and stayed quite chubby looking in the cheeks all along, my double chin went after about 5 months, and only now close to my original goal weight has it started to thin out elsewhere...it's happened almost rather suddenly to me. One day I was putting on makeup thinking where's my face gone?
  • AJ_X1
    AJ_X1 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Looking up at the sky as far as you can put your head up open your mouth as far as you can then close it and make a kiss face. My grandmother taught me that for a facial exercise to prevent wrinkles but when I did it my neck felt like it did push ups.. Hope that helps

Not sure if it will really help, but it certainly feels good stretching!!!
  • Maqneta
    Maqneta Posts: 388 Member
    Options
    Facial fat is associated with youth. You're 18. Give it a few years.

my face is really big compared to my body, this feels like more then just youth.
  • vismal
    vismal Posts: 2,463 Member
    Options
    You cannot spot reduce fat. Doing tons of facial exercises will no sooner give you a slimmer face, then doing crunches will give you a 6 pack. Both those things require losing fat, and fat will drop off from all over your body. Where you lose fat at what body fat level is largely a genetic thing. Just like some people need to lose a lot of fat before it leaves their belly, or hips, others need to lose a lot of fat to see leave from their face.
  • violasmith85
    violasmith85 Posts: 274 Member
    Options
    Based on your pictures you look fine. I think it might just be your obsession point. I get like that over my legs.
  • merisaOct3
    merisaOct3 Posts: 197 Member
    Options
    Your face appearing swollen or abnormally full could be a sign of another medical condition, such as Crohns or Celiacs. Or you could be retaining a lot of water. Or it could be nothing as others have suggested. See a Dr if you're concerned.
  • Maqneta
    Options
    You cannot spot reduce fat. Doing tons of facial exercises will no sooner give you a slimmer face, then doing crunches will give you a 6 pack. Both those things require losing fat, and fat will drop off from all over your body. Where you lose fat at what body fat level is largely a genetic thing. Just like some people need to lose a lot of fat before it leaves their belly, or hips, others need to lose a lot of fat to see leave from their face.

alright thank you :)
  • seltzermint555
    seltzermint555 Posts: 10,742 Member
    Options
    It is most likely just your face shape. Look at a bunch of young actors in the 18-24 range and despite them all being lean and fit body types they have many different face sizes and shapes. Some are just fuller.
  • Jennloella
    Jennloella Posts: 2,287 Member
    Options
    It is most likely just your face shape. Look at a bunch of young actors in the 18-24 range and despite them all being lean and fit body types they have many different face sizes and shapes. Some are just fuller.

yes whenever this comes up I think of Jennifer Aniston in early friends days, with that round face and belly shirts!
  • Zaftique
    Zaftique Posts: 599 Member
    Options
    I will be 120lbs and still have these massive chipmunk cheeks, so it may just be genes. :D

(Thanks, Dad.:grumble: )
  • AllOutof_Bubblegum
    AllOutof_Bubblegum Posts: 3,646 Member
    Options
    You can't spot reduce. You will lose fat from wherever you are genetically predisposed to lose fat. No amount of silly facial exercises will help with that, unfortunately.

Almost everyone's faces lean out as they get older, though. You're really young, give it time.
  • violasmith85
    violasmith85 Posts: 274 Member
    Options
    I will be 120lbs and still have these massive chipmunk cheeks, so it may just be genes. :D

Yep. I will always have mine from my Cherokee ancestry. But at least they aren't as pronounced as they were when i was nearly 300lbs :D
  • Maqneta
    Options

my mom has fairly large cheeks and she's thin was kinda hoping It wasn't part of my genes because I'm still a bit overweight.
    but chances are at this point it's that or age.
  • seltzermint555
    seltzermint555 Posts: 10,742 Member
    Options

my mom has fairly large cheeks and she's thin was kinda hoping It wasn't part of my genes because I'm still a bit overweight.

Probably...and I know at your age you don't think it's good to look younger but seriously when you're 30, 40...you will be happy. I have the same face now as I did when I weighed like 300 lb, never really had a double chin or anything, but it means I look older not younger with weight loss. I see women all of the time on here who were nowhere near as big as I was, and they start with 3 chins and huge cheeks and now they look super young with a regular face.

And yeah I know that's pretty much not a consolation when you are 18 but you're a handsome young guy so don't sweat it!
  • FatAsianNerd
    FatAsianNerd Posts: 600 Member
    Options
    Yeah, you're probably still holding on to some of what they call "baby fat." You're still very young. Wait a few years.
  • Maqneta
    Options

Probably...and I know at your age you don't think it's good to look younger but seriously when you're 30, 40...you will be happy. I have the same face now as I did when I weighed like 300 lb, never really had a double chin or anything, but it means I look older not younger with weight loss. I see women all of the time on here who were nowhere near as big as I was, and they start with 3 chins and huge cheeks and now they look super young with a regular face.

And yeah I know that's pretty much not a consolation when you are 18 but you're a handsome young guy so don't sweat it!

thank you :flowerforyou:
  • SonicDeathMonkey80
    SonicDeathMonkey80 Posts: 4,489 Member
    Options
    Belt sander?

I also like the looking up the sky idea.
  • Sevendust912
    Sevendust912 Posts: 122 Member
    Options
    eat less, move more