Trying to lose belly fat, but not lose so much weight?

Options
I'm 5'6" and I think I'm getting close to being underweight (according to a site, I'm okay right now). I workout and I make sure I'm eating enough (1590 calories). I really want to lose this belly fat, how can I do that without losing a bit of weight. What should I do? More protein? More food intake? Note that I don't have access to weights, but I do some body resistance stuff.

I drink 8-9 glasses of water, but I haven't been on top of things the past few weeks :/.

Replies

• heathernicholls76
    Options
    I too am wondering the same sort of thing. Im getting close to being underweight but still can't loose the belly fat and my body fat percentage is 35%. I can't lift heavy weights due to back surgery last year but I do clinical pilates for 60 mins twice a week focusing on core, glutes and leg muscles. I walk to at least 30 mins 4-5 times a week. Would be very interested to find out how to combat this????
  • Donners185
    Donners185 Posts: 329 Member
    Options
    I too am wondering the same sort of thing. Im getting close to being underweight but still can't loose the belly fat and my body fat percentage is 35%. I can't lift heavy weights due to back surgery last year but I do clinical pilates for 60 mins twice a week focusing on core, glutes and leg muscles. I walk to at least 30 mins 4-5 times a week. Would be very interested to find out how to combat this????

I doubt your body fat percentage is 35% if you are close to being underweight. I'm afraid you can't command where the weight comes off. If you lose it off your belly your likely to lose some from everywhere else as well. Try to do as many core exercises as you can without aggraviating your back.