Depressed, but taking these pics made me feel better...

Options
So I started MFP in June, hoping to shed some pounds before a beach vacation in August. Well I went from 146 to 134 and looked great in my bikini (pics in profile) buuuuut, during the vacation and ever since I have not been doing good. I am back up to 141 and totally not feeling the motivation! I decided to try on the bridesmaid dress for my friend's wedding from september 2009. It was kinda tight on me then and I could see my belly in it. Well now its loose in some spots and looks pretty good on me, lol. It's only about a 5 pound difference, but I can tell the difference in my body shape just from working out. So anyway, I wanted to post the pics for motivation to myself I guess and to see if anyone else sees the difference.

IMG_00643.jpgIMAG0056.jpg

Replies

• gibbsgirl
    gibbsgirl Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    Sorry the pics are so big and the first one is at a weird angle. I was getting down with my friend's grandmaw lol.
  • chickadee2010
    chickadee2010 Posts: 1,389 Member
    Options
    You look pretty! I'm sure you'll have those few pesky pounds off in no time!
  • SparkleShine
    SparkleShine Posts: 2,001 Member
    Options
    I think you definatly look smaller! You look great!
  • WTFitness
    WTFitness Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    I can totally see a difference! You are trimmer and more svelte in the dress now.. just lovely!
    I say, you KNOW you can lose those last few pounds, you're already 5 lbs in the right direction. Build on that! :)
  • heathersmilez
    heathersmilez Posts: 2,579 Member
    Options
    Yay to the littlest losers! You like myself who love the 5lb difference and fluctuate so rapidly since we are already healthy.

Congrats! Now you need another wedding to wear the dress again.

Don't worry too much about the lbs, start again. It will be much easier now that all the Christmas junk is gone. I started religiously counting again Dec 27th to avoid the stereotypical Jan 1st start and already feel better having flushed the constant sugar from my system. I already have ½ a bottle of champagne logged into my NYE celebrations and it fits and balances. You can do it!
  • americansugar80
    Options
    you can definetly tell the difference!! congratulations! i cant wait till i can do that if my body will let me get into those darn 30's!! (your weight difference is about the same as mine)
  • ObviousIndigo
    ObviousIndigo Posts: 382 Member
    Options
    I think when you get down to a certain weight it doesnt really matter the pounds but the look. You can be a skinny 135lbs and still have a muffin top and be all squishy. You could be a even skinnier 140lbs and be all muscular and look fantastic in anything you put on. I, personally, would rather weigh a little more and be toned then weigh less and be squishy. That is the difference I see in those two pictures. :) Hope that makes sense...
  • gibbsgirl
    gibbsgirl Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    I think when you get down to a certain weight it doesnt really matter the pounds but the look. You can be a skinny 135lbs and still have a muffin top and be all squishy. You could be a even skinnier 140lbs and be all muscular and look fantastic in anything you put on. I, personally, would rather weigh a little more and be toned then weigh less and be squishy. That is the difference I see in those two pictures. :) Hope that makes sense...

It makes perfect sense, but it's so hard to forget about the number!

Thanks you guys. I was hoping I wasn't just imagining it, lol. My problem is sweets and water. Now that Christmas is over, like you said Heather, hopefully it will be easier to resist those baked goods!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!