"Zumba Fitness" or "EA Sports Active: More Workouts"?

CoryIda
CoryIda Posts: 7,870 Member
edited September 22 in Fitness and Exercise
I got both Zumba Fitness AND EA Sports Active: More Workouts for Christmas but, because our living room was a total disaster, I haven't been able to try either one out yet. My hubby is cleaning the house today (he just lost his job last week :sad: ) and I will be able to get on the Wii tonight. Which should I try first?

If you have either or both of them, can you tell me what you like most about them and any tips/suggestions you might have.

Thanks!

Replies

• 4lafz
    4lafz Posts: 1,078 Member
    I am assuming these are for Wii. I have both. Zumba for Wii is a mega workout - and I take classes and have the DVD's. I burn almost what I do at the live class!

I am in week three of EA Sports Active 2 challenge. Increases a few minutes and had you do new exercises each time you use it. Good workout - some of it a GREAT workout. I just hate waiting through the tutorial's and "watch me". It works though - I have really noticed changes - especially from the lunges and sqauts.
  • I have Zumba and LOVE it:heart::heart: :heart: :heart: If you have ever taken a class at the gym, the routine is very similar to that. Great music, love that they have beg, intermediate and expert and a chance to practice some routines before doing the whole dance. Great workout! I burn about 100 calories every 10 minutes, that 600 in 1 hr!
  • Amber030583
    Amber030583 Posts: 490 Member
    I just bought the Zumba last night and did some of it. I couldn't believe how much I was sweating! Holy crap that is a workout! I did I think 38 minutes and my heart rate monitor said I burned 300 calories. But that was with the tutorials of learning the steps with a workout routine that lasted 20 minutes.
  • StacLegg
    StacLegg Posts: 346 Member
    okay, now I really want to get the Zumba wii game...... thanks alot guys!!! :bigsmile:
  • CoryIda
    I do the Zumba class once a week and burn 750+ calories in an hour, so even if it is less (600), that would be great. I like that the Active game has you set goals and give you challenges, which is the biggest reason I wanted it. Keep coming with feedback, though - I want to know more! :)
  • MsMonny
    MsMonny Posts: 183
    ha! never done Zumba in my life but I really want the Wii game :happy:

I have the other Wii interactive fitness one but found it to be very boring - Wii Active I think it is called. Maybe I should pull that out and give it another go??

(will check out Zumba though - thanks!!)
  • I have zumba for the ps3 and LOVE it!!! Def a great workout!!! Today was day 3 of it, and boy do I feel it!
  • ♥_Ellybean_♥
    ♥_Ellybean_♥ Posts: 1,646 Member
    I have Zumba and love it, it's a great workout. I don't worry so much about tracking the moves with the chick on the screen as I do just putting my all in... I wear a HRM to determine how many calories I burn,a nd burned 400 calories in 20 minutes.
  • I love Zumba fitness for the wii. I always burn a ton while having fun. I have been alternating with wii fit plus and The Jenny McCarthy workout with camera. I may get wild and add my son's EA football workout too.
  • amandal15
    amandal15 Posts: 108 Member
    well looks like I'll be buying the Zumba! LOL
  • Scubasab
    Scubasab Posts: 344 Member
    OKAY.....I made up my mind! I am buying the Wii and the Zumba workout! Thanks for everyones input!!! Love this site and all of the members!!!! =)
  • CoryIda
    OhMyGoodness that was great! I just got done with my first try at Zumba Fitness and I sweated like a pig. According to my HRM, I burned 576 calories in 45 minutes - that is pretty close to exactly how much I burn in a Zumba class. :happy:
  • ashleyinthestars
    ashleyinthestars Posts: 107 Member
    I received Zumba Fitness for the XBOX Kinect for Christmas. I had never done a zumba workout before this and I LOVE it. I'm looking forward to many sessions :happy:
This discussion has been closed.