Why is MFP lying about my weight?

Options
I've logged my weight as often as I can since day one but for some strange reason MFP has knocked 2lb off my starting weight so it's always saying I've lost 2lb less than I actually have.... Is this something that happens to anyone else?is there as way I could rectify it? Because I can't stand it, it aggrivates the poop out of my OCD.... Thanks :)

Replies

• hmaddpear
    hmaddpear Posts: 610 Member
    Options
    You can add or edit a previous entry easily.

Go to My Home > Check In and scroll to the bottom. There's two links - you want "edit previous entries", then you can add in a date with your starting weight. If you want to edit the weight, you'll need to delete the current start date and re-input.
  • WhatMeRunning
    WhatMeRunning Posts: 3,538 Member
    Options
    Fantastic! Thanks for sharing.

I actually started to lose weight back in January, and found MFP in July so there was a big gap between my true starting weight and what MFP was saying due to my start date and first weight entry. Thanks to this I was able to see that I could add an entry for my weight back in January 2014, and now it is showing my true weight loss for the year.

Loving this!
  • cincysweetheart
    cincysweetheart Posts: 892 Member
    Options
    Thanks for info….hmaddpear. I joined MFP after losing some weight on my own… so while my ticker was correct for my time on MFP, it never showed the actual amount lost. I have now changed that and love that my ticker now shows my total weight lost! I might it even more motivating! :-)
  • independant2406
    independant2406 Posts: 447 Member
    Options
    Thanks for sharing the solution to this. I looked and found out mine was calculating my starting weight from all the way back in 2012. I was still showing a loss of course now but not as much. I deleted the old ones and now the weight I've lost in the last 2 months I've been actively dieting is showing correctly. That is a nice feeling!
  • MinnieInMaine
    MinnieInMaine Posts: 6,400 Member
    Options
    What hmaddpear said. Plus...
    You have to make sure you update your weight in the right place. Where depends on whether you're using the app (and which version of the app) or the website. Just make sure you're not updating your profile as changing the "current weight" there will skew what the ticker says you've lost.
    On the website, go to Check-In via My Home.