Protein World- Slender Blend 6lbs in a week

Options
Hiya

Im quite new to this so need some help!

Im currently doing the Slender Blend diet which is protein shakes.

I have one in the morning and then one either in the afternoon or one after the gym as my dinner. If i haven't had a shake for lunch i have a protein rich lunch at work. I drink hot water and lemon or green tea throughout the day to detox myself and have tried to limit myself to no carbs at all. I've also completely cut out fizzy drinks.

Last week i started at the gym every night for an hour doing high intense classes and Saturdays i do 2. This week i intend to up it to 2 hours a day so last night i done body pump and legs bums and tums.

I want to loose 6lbs this week but only lost 2lbs last week. I was just wondering if anyone knows any tips to help loose 6lbs in a week.

Thanks

Replies

• greengoddess0123
    greengoddess0123 Posts: 417 Member
    Options
    6 lbs per week is not a healthy rate of weight loss (losing weight that fast results in loss of muscle, bone and organs). You won't find any support for it here, as promoting unhealthy diets is against the TOS of these forums.

Eat regular food at a slight deficit, and lose the weight one pound at a time.

Good luck and good health! :flowerforyou:
  • erickirb
    erickirb Posts: 12,293 Member
    Options
    Cut off an arm, maybe just from the elbow down! Why on earth would you want to lose 6lbs/week, even if you did manage too a large % of that would be water and muscle, not just the fat you are looking at losing.

With only 20ish lbs to lose you should not be aiming for losing more than 1lb/week, otherwise your deficit will have to be too big and risk losing a large % of lean muscle, not just fat.

If you want to lose the weight on the scale, you could easily drop 6lbs of water weight. Cut carbs really low and do some cardio. Keep in mind that once you add carbs back in and get to proper hydration levels all that water weight will be regained.
  • JonathanLepoff
    JonathanLepoff Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    A very bad idea and not really possible
  • IASP94
    Options
    Im obviously being healthy and eating the right amounts of food and nutrients. Most people on the Protein World diet are loosing around 6lbs a week anyway so was just wondering what im doing differantly
  • GiveMeCoffee
    GiveMeCoffee Posts: 3,556 Member
    Options
    Im obviously being healthy and eating the right amounts of food and nutrients. Most people on the Protein World diet are loosing around 6lbs a week anyway so was just wondering what im doing differantly

You are obviously not being healthy or eating the right amounts of food and nutrients.

You have 21 lbs to lose, trying to lose 6 lbs a week is not safe, sane, logical, or realistic unless of course you want to start cutting off toes or fingers.

You aren't detoxing your body. Eat real food, set realistic expectations. Learn about nutrition. Read these links they will help:

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/1234699-logging-accurately-step-by-step-guide?hl=logging+step+guide

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/1235566-so-you-re-new-here?hl=so+you're+new+here

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/1080242-a-guide-to-get-you-started-on-your-path-to-sexypants

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/1343719-get-rich-quick
  • parasshelawala
    parasshelawala Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    If you are losing 6 lbs a week, its mostly water losses because running a deficit of 6 lbs * 3500 Cal/lbs = 21,000 Calories a week. That means you are somehow burning 3,000 more Calories every day than you are eating. Add up the calories in your bars and lunch, subtract out your workouts and your basal metabolic rate and you will see how that simply isn't going to work unless you are running a marathon every single day.
  • erickirb
    erickirb Posts: 12,293 Member
    Options

Those people that lose 6lbs/week probably also have 100+ lbs to lose, even then it is not a healthy or sustainable rate of loss, probably just the first week or 2 with most of the lose being water weight.
  • abadvat
    abadvat Posts: 1,241 Member
    Options
    Sorry OP, nothing personal but it is unbelievable the amount of crap that is being sold and even worst - the amount of crap that is being purchased!
    A protein shake is a supplement and should be used where food does not reach or it is close to impossible to eat a normal meal (post workout as an example of you really cannot stomach solid food).
    Crashing carbs will give you great results - you will deplete glycogen, loose muscle mass, partially reduce water retention and hence loose a substantial amount of weight. The day you get back on to carbs all the weight will come back in one shot.
  • randomtai
    randomtai Posts: 9,003 Member
    Options
    No... just no. :noway: :noway: :noway:
  • _HeartsOnFire_
    _HeartsOnFire_ Posts: 5,304 Member
    Options

If you are sure you're being so healthy...then why are you asking for help???

Yeah, it's not healthy. Nope. Not at all, unless you have a LOT of weight to lose...

Read the links Jwhite provided...or just continue ignoring good advice because no one here will validate what you are doing is healthy.

Mean people thread in 4...3...2...1...
  • DuckDynastyMakesMeLaugh
    Options

You are obviously not being healthy or eating the right amounts of food and nutrients.

You have 21 lbs to lose, trying to lose 6 lbs a week is not safe, sane, logical, or realistic unless of course you want to start cutting off toes or fingers.

You aren't detoxing your body. Eat real food, set realistic expectations. Learn about nutrition. Read these links they will help:

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/1234699-logging-accurately-step-by-step-guide?hl=logging+step+guide

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/1235566-so-you-re-new-here?hl=so+you're+new+here

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/1080242-a-guide-to-get-you-started-on-your-path-to-sexypants

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/1343719-get-rich-quick

QFT
  • zoeysasha37
    zoeysasha37 Posts: 7,088 Member
    Options
    This is just another fad diet. Fad diets usually backfire. most likely you will regain the weight after you stop this diet. But since your already a member of mfp , you might as well stick around and read up on healthy weight loss that gives you the tools needed to be successful for life.
    Those that are losing 6 lbs in a week, probably have a lot more to lose. But since you don't have much to lose, a 0.5 lb per week loss would be recommended. Either way, this isn't a healthy diet .
  • Serah87
    Serah87 Posts: 5,481 Member
    Options
    Ohhh my...... :sick:

OP READ THE LINKS!!!!!
  • MinnieInMaine
    MinnieInMaine Posts: 6,400 Member
    Options

Really? "Most" people are losing that fast? Where did you hear that - the advertisements? Or is it just that someone much heavier than you is doing the same plan and losing that fast? Trust me, if they are, it's mostly water weight and that'll taper off soon.

As others said, with the amount you have to lose, 6 pounds per week is unrealistic and unhealthy. A pound of fat has roughly 3500 calories in order to lose 6 pounds per week, you'd have to have a 3000 calorie deficit per day which would basically be impossible except maybe for someone who's super morbidly obese.