Volunteering for the Boys and Girls Club

Options
WalkingGirl1985
WalkingGirl1985 Posts: 2,047 Member
I volunteer weekly but thought I'd give more of my time to the community and want to spend more time helping others and giving more of my free time. I heard that the boys and girls club was a rewarding experience. Does anyone else do this?

Replies

• SHBoss1673
    SHBoss1673 Posts: 7,161 Member
    Options
    no, but I've thought about it quite often, maybe I should give them a call.
  • brittlynne3579
    brittlynne3579 Posts: 217 Member
    Options
    Yaaay!!! You will see I shamelessly plug volunteer work on alot of my topics :smile:

I personally have not done work with B&G club. I'm sure it is a great place and there certainly is work that needs to be done at those facilities.

I do volunteer work at the local domestic violence shelter as it is something I tried in college and stayed ever since. I think being a young woman they appreciate me because we do alot of publicity and high school and college awareness. Luckily, they haven't thrown me out for being 'too old' just yet :laugh:

I also usually do things with food banks and clothing charities and my work does alot with Habitat, which of course is amazing and a good workout! Below is the best website for volunteering. It'll tell you where there is the need, what kind of work it is, what you need to do it, etc. Good luck in finding what you think will benefit you AND the many that need help out there :flowerforyou:

http://www.volunteermatch.org/
  • WalkingGirl1985
    Options
    Yeah, I have a number here in my area..maybe I can check it out.
  • WalkingGirl1985
    Options
    Yaaay!!! You will see I shamelessly plug volunteer work on alot of my topics :smile:

I personally have not done work with B&G club. I'm sure it is a great place and there certainly is work that needs to be done at those facilities.

I do volunteer work at the local domestic violence shelter as it is something I tried in college and stayed ever since. I think being a young woman they appreciate me because we do alot of publicity and high school and college awareness. Luckily, they haven't thrown me out for being 'too old' just yet :laugh:

I also usually do things with food banks and clothing charities and my work does alot with Habitat, which of course is amazing and a good workout! Below is the best website for volunteering. It'll tell you where there is the need, what kind of work it is, what you need to do it, etc. Good luck in finding what you think will benefit you AND the many that need help out there :flowerforyou:

http://www.volunteermatch.org/

I have done thrift stores before, but its way to much physical stress on me so I crossed that off my list. I feel I would be more happy working with other people directly.
  • FitJoani
    FitJoani Posts: 2,173 Member
    Options
    I dont but I am interested in an organization called "girls on the run" check into that one. It will help you pass on a fit lifestyle to young girls. I havent had time to do it YET but talked to them some
  • WalkingGirl1985
    Options
    I dont but I am interested in an organization called "girls on the run" check into that one. It will help you pass on a fit lifestyle to young girls. I havent had time to do it YET but talked to them some

Yes..we got one of those in our area too..it's good to live in a bigger city where we have almost everything. Thanks for the advice, I'll shoot an email off.