Fitness-Grand Canyon Style

Options
We just got back from the Grand Canyon last night -- we camped by plane :tongue: What an awesome trip. Breathtakingly beautiful! The hikes were strenuous -- but I really felt like I accomplished something when we got back to the top. I only lost a pound last week -- but I didn't have access to track on MFP -- so I think that's pretty good. Anybody else been to this "wonder of the world"?

Replies

• knitgirl
    knitgirl Posts: 27
    Options
    We just got back from the Grand Canyon last night -- we camped by plane :tongue: What an awesome trip. Breathtakingly beautiful! The hikes were strenuous -- but I really felt like I accomplished something when we got back to the top. I only lost a pound last week -- but I didn't have access to track on MFP -- so I think that's pretty good. Anybody else been to this "wonder of the world"?
  • Cassia
    Cassia Posts: 467 Member
    Options
    yep and it's gorgeous one of my pic was taken there.
  • barracudamuscle
    barracudamuscle Posts: 313 Member
    Options
    Yep! It was awesome!! Did you guys fly over the canyon as well? That was incredible, I departed 1G4 and climbed to above the 2,000 feet AGL restriction then did a quick flight over the canyon, simply amazing. Although we didnt camp at the Grand Cayon, we flew in early morning from Chino, spent the day, did some touring/hiking, then flew to Laughlin and stayed on the river and partyed it up then flew home the next night! Ahhh that was my last weekend until August, but it was fun, can't wait to go again!
    What were you guys flying? Whered you come from? Pretty decent weather flying in? :drinker:
  • jsmalla
    jsmalla Posts: 140 Member
    Options
    Sounds like an awesome trip! My family & I went to the Grand Canyon five years ago or so. It was so amazing that I just found myself staring & not wanting to look away for even a second. We have all heard it said that pictures can't contain the majesty of the Grand Canyon. I found that my limited mind & memory could not contain it either, not even for a second.
  • knitgirl
    Options
    It was fabulous -- "camping by plane" -- clarification -- we flew commercial and then rented a car to meet the parents. My in-laws came from Colorado with their RV and brought our air mattress and my parents came from Indiana with their RV and brought our tent. -- so we had a little help getting our gear to the canyon. We camped up top and day hiked twice down into the canyon. it was sooo breathtakinly ehiliarating!
  • wildkitty505
    wildkitty505 Posts: 222 Member
    Options
    Yep! It was awesome!! Did you guys fly over the canyon as well? That was incredible, I departed 1G4 and climbed to above the 2,000 feet AGL restriction then did a quick flight over the canyon, simply amazing. Although we didnt camp at the Grand Cayon, we flew in early morning from Chino, spent the day, did some touring/hiking, then flew to Laughlin and stayed on the river and partyed it up then flew home the next night! Ahhh that was my last weekend until August, but it was fun, can't wait to go again!
    What were you guys flying? Whered you come from? Pretty decent weather flying in? :drinker:

I thought she meant the same thing you did :laugh: We're heading to AirVenture in July and I'm sooo excited!
  • wildkitty505
    wildkitty505 Posts: 222 Member
    Options

I thought she meant the same thing you did :laugh: We're heading to AirVenture in July and I'm sooo excited!
  • barracudamuscle
    barracudamuscle Posts: 313 Member
    Options
    My bad as well, still sounds fun! I did a ice fishing trip via commercial when I was in the airlines! It was so funny having 2 duffel bags of heaters,tackle boxes, jigs, poles, I got some funny look! I want ot goto Airventure but can't make it :frown: Maybe next year, right now the whole getting married thing has cramped my flying style ( and freedom) and also buying a house ( ugh the stress never ends!) I can't wait until both of these two events in my life are over so theres more "me" time!
  • maestrachistosa
    maestrachistosa Posts: 202 Member
    Options
    I did a 2 week rafting/camping trip down the river there. Totally awesome...although, I have to admit...I was seriously jonesin' for a hot shower at the end...something about bathing in 50 degree water just isn't all it's cracked up to be!
  • knitgirl
    Options
    My bad as well, still sounds fun! I did a ice fishing trip via commercial when I was in the airlines! It was so funny having 2 duffel bags of heaters,tackle boxes, jigs, poles, I got some funny look! I want ot goto Airventure but can't make it :frown: Maybe next year, right now the whole getting married thing has cramped my flying style ( and freedom) and also buying a house ( ugh the stress never ends!) I can't wait until both of these two events in my life are over so theres more "me" time!

Marriage is a wonderful ADVENTURE! The adventure of a lifetime! :love: Congrats on your upcoming wedding.
    :drinker:
  • knitgirl
    Options
    I did a 2 week rafting/camping trip down the river there. Totally awesome...although, I have to admit...I was seriously jonesin' for a hot shower at the end...something about bathing in 50 degree water just isn't all it's cracked up to be!

Yeah -- since we stayed up top -- we payed $2:00 for an 8 minute, hot shower --- best $$$ we spent the whole trip!