Week #7 of watching calories, something strange is going on

Options
I'm not hungry for breakfast anymore. Literally. The last two days, I have no desire for eating in the morning.
This is causing me to try and ramp my calories in the evening, and I hate doing that.

Anyone else going through this?

Replies

• psuLemon
    psuLemon Posts: 38,401 MFP Moderator
    Options
    There is no requirement or necessity to eat breakfast. So if you want, just ramp up your calories in the back end. Meal timing and frequency is completely irrelevant to weight loss.
  • WalkingAlong
    WalkingAlong Posts: 4,926 Member
    Options
    I've never been a breakfast eater but I think the more you eat at night, the less hungry you're likely to be in the morning. If you prefer to eat breakfast for some reason, I would suggest going to bed hungry some night instead of worrying about hitting some calorie minimum for one day. What matters to your body is the overall in/out, not a 24-hour total.
  • dopeysmelly
    dopeysmelly Posts: 1,390 Member
    Options
    I've noticed that my body gets used to what I give it. And it's regardless of what my body's actual nutritional needs are. I switched my lunch to 11.30 am a few months ago, and now 11.35 am on the button, my stomach rumbles. Go figure.
  • violasmith85
    violasmith85 Posts: 274 Member
    Options
    I'm noticing that change too. I'm eating later and later each day. I get up super early and I used to eat at 6, then it was 7, now its a little after 9 and im still not hungry.
  • I_Will_End_You
    I_Will_End_You Posts: 4,397 Member
    Options
    As long as you're still at/under your goal, it's fine. I always skip breakfast, eat a light lunch, and save most of my calories for dinner. Hasn't hurt me a bit. The whole...eat breakfast everyday, don't eat late at night, eat 6 small meals, etc... completely false and irrelevant.
  • Kalikel
    Kalikel Posts: 9,626 Member
    Options
    It might be that you're paying more attention to hunger. Maybe you were never all that hungry in the mornings, but now you notice that because you are learning to listen to your body. Maybe not, of course. :)

In any event, if you don't feel like eating breakfast, don't eat it. You can lose weight without eating breakfast. :)
  • RussellG67
    RussellG67 Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    Some say you need to eat small and frequent meals. But as long as you are still loosing weight, I'd not worry about it. Enjoy the fact that your are cutting calories, loosing weight and are not hungry. Great job
  • Liftng4Lis
    Liftng4Lis Posts: 15,150 Member
    Options
    If you're not hungry, don't eat. I find when I eat breakfast, I'm actually hungrier throughout the day.
  • mizzbugsy
    mizzbugsy Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    I think its completely ok to do intermittent fasting. I found this on a blog,"The point of IF is this: episodic deprivation takes your body “off the track” for a while and allows systems to reinvigorate and recalibrate (also known as up-regulating and/or down-regulating gene expression).

Read more: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/how-to-intermittent-fasting/#ixzz3DUYEUmpU

Listening to your body is COMPLETELY OK!!!! I don't think it's weird at all. Some days I'm starving for breakfast...others, not so much.
  • DataSeven
    DataSeven Posts: 245 Member
    Options
    I'm usually not hungry first thing in the morning either. I wake up around 8 am but usually do not eat any breakfast until about 10:30-11 AM. I'll probably have a cuppa tea around 9:30-10, but nothing solid until 11. I still eat 3 meals but due to my work schedule they're usually shifted a couple of hours later than a normal person would. On the weekends I tend to outright skip either breakfast or lunch altogether, but I will always have dinner.

I find I would rather look forward to having more calories to play with later in the day then splurge earlier and face having to budget for the rest of the day.

If it's working for you and you're not ravenously hungry later in day, then do whatever is comfortable.
  • wkwebby
    wkwebby Posts: 807 Member
    Options
    If you are doing better at watching your bad food intake, your body may not be spiking your sugar levels and they may be more stable. If you are at all pre-diabetic/diabetic, your insulin levels may have normalized with your weight loss and any severe hunger pangs (coming from sugar crashes) in the morning may have gone away with some of the weight being shed?

Just a thought from someone who is predisposed to diabetes, but not pre-diabetic yet.:flowerforyou:
  • higgins8283801
    higgins8283801 Posts: 844 Member
    Options
    I sometimes eat breakfast but here lately I've been eating cereal because I have been waking hungry. Lol it just depends on what my body wants.