I want crisps

Options
I really realy want crisps I have avoided them since starting this weight loss because I can't eat them in moderation so far so good until today I really really want crisps they don't fit into my cal allowance for the day infact the cal content is nearly more than the cal content for my dinner. but I still want them and the vending machine is next to the water and only a 30 sec walk from my desk. :cry:

Replies

• pinktoesjb
    pinktoesjb Posts: 302 Member
    Options
    go for a run, or find lower cal crisps!
  • IvyLuci
    IvyLuci Posts: 117 Member
    Options
    Fit them in for tomorrow? That way you know you can have them, just not right now. And by tomorrow you might not want them any more.

If you do end up getting them tomorrow, take out however much you can fit into your plan and give the rest to someone.
  • randomtai
    randomtai Posts: 9,003 Member
    Options
    Wtf kind of chips are higher calories than a dinner? :huh: :noway:
  • Snip8241
    Snip8241 Posts: 767 Member
    Options
    Try to stay away if they are a trigger for you. I made all food at work off limits to myself unless I carried it there and it was part of my plan.

You can do it. Get busy doing something to get your mind off of them.

That being said....if you have to have them...and you can have one serving....go for it, own it , log it. One package of chips will not derail you.
  • ChrisM8971
    ChrisM8971 Posts: 1,067 Member
    Options
    Two words Pom Bears

Come in various flavours ready salted, smoky bacon, cheese & onion and a few others I believe

19 g bags are about 97 calories per bag and if you can get your hands on the 15 g bags then its only 75 calories

I am a major crisp lover as well and these got me through :-)
  • Joanne2641
    Joanne2641 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Have the same problem. I "crave" anything crunchy and salty every afternoon. Pretzels, chips, especially mixed nuts. Work place is not my problem but I shouldn't even keep that sort of thing in the house. Wish I could just limit the size of the serving.
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options

this!
  • aneary1980
    aneary1980 Posts: 461 Member
    Options

A bag of walkers crisps in the vending machine = 169 cals my dinner tonight = 235 cals okay the dinner is more but not by much.
  • independant2406
    independant2406 Posts: 447 Member
    Options
    I LOVE protein krinkles. Have you ever tried them? (they have a few different flavors but my favorite are the dill pickle ones).
    I think several different companies make them now but I get mine from a company called Health Wise.

Salty crunchy goodness with a kick of protein to keep you feeling full.

Calories
    Sodium
    360 mg
    Carbohydrates
    13 g
    Protein
    12 g
  • aneary1980
    Options
    Fit them in for tomorrow? That way you know you can have them, just not right now. And by tomorrow you might not want them any more.

If you do end up getting them tomorrow, take out however much you can fit into your plan and give the rest to someone.

I've logged everything for the week so I can save up loads of cals for before and after a 10k on sunday (huge irish breakfast and roast dinner) I just got a crappy craving for them it's a nightmare.

When I say I cannot eat them in modaration one packet today will lead to a huge bag tonight!!
  • randomtai
    randomtai Posts: 9,003 Member
    Options

A bag of walkers crisps in the vending machine = 169 cals my dinner tonight = 235 cals okay the dinner is more but not by much.

I would have the chips with my dinner. Your dinner sounds like it is lacking in calories.
  • aneary1980
    Options

I would have the chips with my dinner. Your dinner sounds like it is lacking in calories.

Steak with peppercorn sauce and carrots and green beans.

I tend to eat after any exercise so I eat more for breakfast and less for dinner as once I've had it I'm normally on my *kitten* or in bed for the rest of the night.
  • cat_monster
    cat_monster Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    Quavers are less than 100 calories per bag if memory serves.
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options

I've logged everything for the week so I can save up loads of cals for before and after a 10k on sunday (huge irish breakfast and roast dinner) I just got a crappy craving for them it's a nightmare.

When I say I cannot eat them in modaration one packet today will lead to a huge bag tonight!!

maybe you're saving too many cals, hence the craving?

ETA, just buy the one bag, dont buy any more then you cant binge on them?
  • aneary1980
    Options

maybe you're saving too many cals, hence the craving?

ETA, just buy the one bag, dont buy any more then you cant binge on them?

I'm saving the exercise cals I'm not actually hungry just the thought of cruchy crisps (which is why it has to be normal walkers) is just so good atm I would swap sex for walkers (if I had the choice).
  • sho3girl
    sho3girl Posts: 10,799 Member
    Options
    walker stars 99 calories

I always keep my crisp in the car .. don't allow them in my home that way i only eat one pack
  • IvyLuci
    IvyLuci Posts: 117 Member
    Options
    OK, not exactly the healthiest suggestion, but I sometimes dipped my afternoon snack (peanuts, the kind that comes still in their shells) straight into a salt bowl. For me, it was a signal that my muscles are a bit too tired and I should add a bit of salt (and food) in the next couple of days. But it does stop you from eating, and makes you reach for more water.
  • aneary1980
    Options
    Thank you for all your suggestions but I think I'm just having a vent.

I know me and I can't modarate with crisps.

I can with chocolate I buy a packet of little bars (110 cals each) put them in my drawer at work and can just have one a day or one every other day no issue.

But crisps one leads to a crisp binge walkers followed by kettle chips then chip sticks then I'll feel ill but I will still want crisps.
  • fatboyliz
    fatboyliz Posts: 515 Member
    Options
    I second pom bears!

Also, quinoa crisps...they aren't low cal like pom bears, but v healthy!