Cheddars?

Options
We are going out with a group for dinner tonight to Cheddars Casual Restaurant (I didn't pick it... UGH) and the darn website doesn't list ANY nutritional information and I can't find any online... Any ideas on some good meals that aren't AWFUL calorie wise? I'd really like a pasta alfredo with chicken or something creamy or cheesy but don't want to blow it totally... I have 1200 calories left today. :) PS. I hate FISH.

Replies

• lessertess
    lessertess Posts: 855 Member
    Options
    Check Applebys, OCharleys, or Ruby Tuesdays. I would be willing to be that there's not much difference in their menu items. I ate there recently and I think they are very similar to O Charleys.

Oh-avoid the Alfredo. I had the "LUNCH" portion at o"charleys once and then came back to add up the meal and found that I had eaten something like 1700 calories for what was about one and a half cups of pasta. The Alfredo is a KILLER>

When in doubt get the grilled chicken with steamed veggies or the 6 oz sirloin. Most restaurants have one. You can do a small steak, veggies and a salad for under 500 calories.
  • EmyleeNoel
    EmyleeNoel Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    Stay away with anything creamy or fried for starters. If you can find a dish that is either vegetarian or has a lean meat then go with that. Stay away from the EXTRAS like bread on the table and dipping sauces. I'm not familiar with the restaurant so I'm not much help in that department...sorry.
  • sherrywoody1
    Options
    I am pretty sure that the pasta is a baaaddd idea! :D When I am not sure I go for a salad, meat and veggies. And if you are gong to Cheddars, stay away from their delicious rolls. :P
  • TropicalKitty
    TropicalKitty Posts: 2,298 Member
    Options
    I usually get a steak (plain) and veggies. Salad. Most of their stuff I think is nasty greasy stuff.

And if this might help you at all:
    http://www.livestrong.com/article/293121-nutrition-information-on-cheddars-restaurant-food/

Good luck!
  • lisamt83
    lisamt83 Posts: 119
    Options
    I got the Dijon Chicken...I am pretty sure it is healthy...and the broccoli is SO good!!
  • brittyboo07
    brittyboo07 Posts: 109 Member
    Options
    We are headed to Cheddars tonight as well. So it is great to know that they do not have their nutritional information up online. Someone correct me if I am wrong but they will have to have that up by sometime in 2011 to be in accordance with the FDA right?
  • brittyboo07
    brittyboo07 Posts: 109 Member
    Options
    Hey good news! I just went and typed in two of the options I was considering tonight at Cheddars and are liste on MFP food search The Chicken Cesear Penne Salad is 440 and the Hawiian Chicken Salad is 310 with half the dressing! This is excellent news because I only have 470 calories left for tonight so this will work out perfect!! The crossiant was not listed wonder what that is ...