Bloody scales

Options
I just bought a pair of Salter digital scales and it turns out my analog scales were 3lbs too generous which was annoying, I know it's only 3lbs and it doesn't change what I've actually lost, it just moves the goal post a little further. I tested which one was accurate by weighing 4 litres of water and the digital was spot on, whereas the analog was 2.6lbs out which I'm rounding up. I guess the positive is I now know my true weight and from now on it'll be accurate.

Replies

• violasmith85
    violasmith85 Posts: 274 Member
    Options
    Oh lord, now I know not to buy a new scale in case it tells me I'm bigger. I can't handle that level of heartache right now. lol
  • SteveMFP123
    SteveMFP123 Posts: 298 Member
    Options
    Yeah, but I'm not too upset because I've still lost 14lbs, it's just that I have to lose an extra 3lbs at the end of my journey. If I'd actually put on weight I'd have been so upset. I have just adjusted my starting weight +3 and -3 from all my losses so it's accurate.
  • brightsideofpink
    brightsideofpink Posts: 1,018 Member
    Options
    I understand your heartache. I spent my first 5 weeks weighing myself on a scale in a carpeted room. It was commercial grade carpet, but it made a huge difference in accuracy and reliability. It wasn't until I got here, and then experimented more for myself, that I realized the only way to get an accurate reading is on a tile or wood floor. When I did, my weight was nearly 8 lbs heavier than it had been on carpet. I was upset to the point of crying because I felt like I had regained every pound I thought I had lost, and that I was back to the starting weight. It took a few days to get over it, but eventually I reminded myself that those were 8 legitimate pounds lost, and I earned every one of them. I love the reliability I get now from my accurate scale, even if it does tell me I'm 8 lbs heavier than my carpeted version would have :)
  • Liftng4Lis
    Liftng4Lis Posts: 15,150 Member
    Options
    OMG did that after a month into my journey and had a major meltdown. I was 2 pounds heavier than originally anticipated and didn't chill til I lost that two damn pounds again!
  • SteveMFP123
    SteveMFP123 Posts: 298 Member
    Options
    OMG did that after a month into my journey and had a major meltdown. I was 2 pounds heavier than originally anticipated and didn't chill til I lost that two damn pounds again!

Haha yeah, same here, I want to be under what my generous scale told me I was. Unless I have a major setback I should make it so I just need these next couple of weeks to go by fast so I can weigh in again.