Brr!

Options
WHY does it have to be so freaking COLD in our office?!

I have to wear a jacket INSIDE while it's sunny and beautiful OUTSIDE! And I'm a corporate slave, so I have a desk job that doesn't allow me to move around to get warmer... ugh!

/rant

Replies

• wolfsbayne
    wolfsbayne Posts: 3,116 Member
    Options
    I have a space heater that I use year round. :ohwell: I feel your pain.
  • TheRoadDog
    TheRoadDog Posts: 11,793 Member
    Options
    The thermostat for the building I am in is in MY office. I control the temperature. It's always perfect.
  • Jacwhite22
    Jacwhite22 Posts: 7,012 Member
    Options
    pics or it didn't happen.
  • JeriAnne84
    JeriAnne84 Posts: 543 Member
    Options
    Yeah it was about 90 degrees with humidty making it feel in the 100's last week, it was roasting in our office. It got down to 54 degrees this weekend and we come to work on Monday and the friggen A/C has been cranked. it's gotten into the 60's and we still have the A/C blasting in our office. We can't control the thermostat either its the people who own the building. I have my space heater cranked, my jacket on and I'm still cold. I need fingerless gloves to type.

Maybe some good will come out of this and I'll find that shivering burns major calories! Probably not with my luck though.
  • jessicapk
    jessicapk Posts: 574 Member
    Options
    Being at an uncomfortable temperature, either too hot or too cold, does burn more calories! They freeze me at work, too, but I do like one of the earlier posters. I keep a space heater under my desk.
  • SoDamnHungry
    SoDamnHungry Posts: 6,998 Member
    Options
    Wearing my fleece and I have my space heater on. While the air conditioning blows down on me.
  • AngieM76
    AngieM76 Posts: 622 Member
    Options
    I have a space heater too! I am always the cold one in the office.
  • paniolo5
    paniolo5 Posts: 186 Member
    Options
    I feel your pain...I use a space heater year round! Part of it must be me because a lot of people come in & say it's really hot in my office but I have to be comfortable. Our offices are huge, so there is just no way to regulate it to keep everyone happy. So I layer up & keep a cardi-sweater in my office for really cold days. Some days I joke that I am looking forward to the hot flashes that might come with age! :laugh:
  • MelsAuntie
    MelsAuntie Posts: 2,833 Member
    Options
    WHY does it have to be so freaking COLD in our office?!

I have to wear a jacket INSIDE while it's sunny and beautiful OUTSIDE! And I'm a corporate slave, so I have a desk job that doesn't allow me to move around to get warmer... ugh!

/rant

Don't feel bad... I wear a heavy fleece robe over a sweatshirt and thick knit pants in the house, as it's cold and getting colder (nights are down to just above 40 degrees) and the only heat in the house is firewood. If somebody doesn't get up several times a night and put on more wood, it's under 60 degrees in the house. At least you can warm up when you get out of work!
  • EmotionalEater84
    EmotionalEater84 Posts: 311 Member
    Options
    I feel your pain...I use a space heater year round! Part of it must be me because a lot of people come in & say it's really hot in my office but I have to be comfortable. Our offices are huge, so there is just no way to regulate it to keep everyone happy. So I layer up & keep a cardi-sweater in my office for really cold days. Some days I joke that I am looking forward to the hot flashes that might come with age! :laugh:

Hot flashes are starting to sound good, aren't they?! Sad.. HAHA!
  • EmotionalEater84
    Options
    Seems to me I REALLY need a space heater!! Did your works provide you with this or did you purchase them on your own??
  • spirit095
    spirit095 Posts: 1,017 Member
    Options
    It's cold inside my office and outside. Thankfully, I have a space heater all to myself :tongue:
  • quellybelly
    quellybelly Posts: 827 Member
    Options
    Apparently colder temps make you stay awake. Warmer temps give you warm fuzzy sleepy feelings
  • wolfsbayne
    wolfsbayne Posts: 3,116 Member
    Options
    Seems to me I REALLY need a space heater!! Did your works provide you with this or did you purchase them on your own??

My work provided mine.
  • cnadiger
    cnadiger Posts: 168 Member
    Options
    I have an AC vent right above me in my office. I opened up the ceiling tiles, slipped a piece of cardboard over the vent and put the tiles back in place. This easily keeps it 6-10 deg warmer in my office than the person who has the next office. I feel for the people in cube-land - they can't escape the cold!!
  • parsonsk64
    parsonsk64 Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    My office will not allow space heaters :( so I have a polar fleece lap robe and a shaw on my chair. I don't care what people think when they see me bundled up . It's cold. Summer AND winter it's just plain cold. :)
  • EmotionalEater84
    Options
    My office will not allow space heaters :( so I have a polar fleece lap robe and a shaw on my chair. I don't care what people think when they see me bundled up . It's cold. Summer AND winter it's just plain cold. :)

Right! If the fashion police saw me now - my goodness!

Seriously messes with the professional look I -try- to accomplish daily, lol! I work DT, so there is always some expectation of looking the part...
  • bamagrits15
    bamagrits15 Posts: 131 Member
    Options
    We have two offices off the main section that for whatever reason are always 5 degrees cooler or hotter. It drives me crazy when they come in before the rest of us and jack the temp to unreasonable settings. I wish maintenance would lock it in at 72 for summer and 75 for winter.
  • EmotionalEater84
    Options
    Apparently colder temps make you stay awake. Warmer temps give you warm fuzzy sleepy feelings

Interesting .. so, this is all a big conspiracy? O.o
  • EmotionalEater84
    Options
    I have an AC vent right above me in my office. I opened up the ceiling tiles, slipped a piece of cardboard over the vent and put the tiles back in place. This easily keeps it 6-10 deg warmer in my office than the person who has the next office. I feel for the people in cube-land - they can't escape the cold!!

Smart lady! I'm in cube land *pout* I really dislike this whole "open concept" garbage :P