How much do YOU weigh?

Options

Replies

• hippalottame
    Options
    I'm among friends here. I don't mind. I'm 5'3" and presently down to 165 pounds. My highest weight has been well over 200 (twice) but I managed to lose and then maintain 120 pounds/size 8 for most of my adult life. Phew. There you have it. I just remembered. Has anyone been to the site called COCKEYED? There is a photo chart which shows just how different people can look at the same height and weight (did that make sense?). I'm older now so I"m aiming for 130...have to choose between a skinny butt and a sallow face or a few extra pounds and one less facelift...lol.
  • PrizePopple
    PrizePopple Posts: 3,133 Member
    Options
    I'll say how much I weigh, I hopped on the scale today and I was 189.4 ... I'm out of the 190's!!!

My mom told me her weight last week, and that is the first time in my 33 years I remember her just telling me her weight and not being vague about it and just saying "too much". My kids pointed out that they didn't know how much I weigh either (though to be fair I'm sure they've heard me say it, but not directly to them thus it went in one ear and out the other).

My start weight at one point was 204. This time around it was 198.4, and my eventual goal is 145.

I'm not sure if it keeps me accountable, but if I'm going to have a healthy relationship with my own body then I figure I might as well be open about things like my weight and health issues.
  • thevaporz
    Options
    Was pushing 290 at one point. Down to 244. Goal weight of 190.
  • hippalottame
    Options
    Odd you would use the term "I let myself go". I really felt that's exactly what happened to me. I kept hearing women tell me they wished they had more time for themselves. At one point I knew I literally had let myself go. I was focused on everyone else.I'm not ashamed of that anymore and I won't let anyone else judge me. However I am MY own worst critic...HAHAHA. I am now losing weight, getting healthy, and rediscovering who I am. It's turning out to be an amazing journey!!!
  • tami101
    tami101 Posts: 617 Member
    Options
    When I was at my starting weight of 230, I wouldn't tell anyone my weight because I was too embarrassed that I had let myself get that heavy. But when I got down to 190 and people started telling me to stop losing I had no problem telling them how much I weighed and that I was definitely going to lose more. I had a coworker ask me how much I weighed the other day and I had no problem telling her that I weighed 171. I'm tall (5'8) and I carry it well. It is just a number!
  • KaJaa58
    Options
    As well as keeping an accurate food diary and exercise diary, do you feel it's beneficial to announce your weight and your goal in order to stay accountable?

I only really need to be accountable to myself. That being said if I keep to myself, it's too easy to cheat. Everyone has there comfort level. I'm not concerned with getting healthy than my vanity or privacy.
  • jal92475
    jal92475 Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    I never used to let anyone know how much I weighed but now I figure what the heck? They can see that I'm overweight. They aren't blind so I'm just open about it. I don't know if it's to keep me accountable or whatever, I just don't feel it's necessary to keep it a secret.

To each their own though.
  • 4daluvof_candice
    4daluvof_candice Posts: 483 Member
    Options
    HW/SW: 293 (post preg)
    CW: 248
    GW: 199
    UGW: 170:bigsmile:
  • loubidy
    loubidy Posts: 440 Member
    Options
    I don't mind because I feel proud of myself and how I've done.

165lbs down to 143ish
  • higgins8283801
    higgins8283801 Posts: 844 Member
    Options
    i started at 171, currently weigh 155.2, and my goal is 120 or 125.
  • emalethmoon
    emalethmoon Posts: 178 Member
    Options
    I talk about it because I feel it holds me accountable.

I started at 275. Last week I was 209. Today I'm 212. I'm not stopping until 150.
  • shadowofender
    shadowofender Posts: 786 Member
    Options
    For me, yes, I have to admit out loud what the number is. I find that if I don't say it to someone else, I internalize it, and then hide from it, and then ignore it, and then fall off the wagon. By saying it out loud to someone else, now they *know* if the number doesn't change and it's more inspirational for me to keep going. A HUGE step for me was telling my bf. He's lost over 70 in the years before I knew him and he made a comment once about being a fat slob at 270lbs and that's what made him motivated. At the time, I didn't want to admit the number to him because I was 298 and have been as heavy as 307. But I'm way freaking taller than him, and getting over it helped motivate me to work harder.

277 now, if anyone was wondering.
  • ROBOTFOOD
    ROBOTFOOD Posts: 5,527 Member
    Options
    25 M
    6"0 149lb
  • shadowofender
    shadowofender Posts: 786 Member
    Options
    He knows I won't let him attempt to pick me up for fear of injuring him.

I read this and it resonated with me so much. I'm six feet tall, and I've never in my life been picked up by someone. I flip out when someone tries. I'm too embarassed by it and always have been to let anyone try even though I totally would love it if I could ever say, get a piggy back ride, or something.
  • skinterz
    Options
    Yeah i dont mind...thats what we are here for after all ?.
  • Liv2LovemyBody
    Liv2LovemyBody Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    I"m at 176 now and my goal weight is 135-140 not sure yet and I have been at my highest 228 and my lowest just 3yrs ago 125. I think my new goal of 135-140 will be best for me. Healthy but reasonable =)
  • 970Mikaela1
    970Mikaela1 Posts: 2,013 Member
    Options
    Me? I bounce around 157-165.
  • bradsbaby1996
    bradsbaby1996 Posts: 154 Member
    Options
    Before I lost weight I would have never told anyone that I weighed 264 pounds!! I have my husband, two boys (17 and 19) one is 6' the other is 6'4 and a daughter who is 5'9 at 11 and I weighed more than EVERYONE in my house!!

Now that I have lost 110 lbs, I will tell people what I weighed before..

I'm especially proud to tell my weight now, 154.. I have worked hard for that number!
  • nicoleromine
    nicoleromine Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    If someone asks me about my weight, I'll freely talk about it, because I want to stop attaching all this shame and judgement to a stupid number. It's oddly liberating to not treat your weight like is some fragile, private, dirty thing.
  • jamoore94
    jamoore94 Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    I don't mind telling someone who asks, what I weight, this morning I was up to 198, which is five pounds up from my lowest last week, but I am still just happy to be under 200, ONEderland is amazing. I started at 256 so this is awesome progress.