2,000 calories an hour workout..

Options
Was wondering if there is a cardo-workout that can burn 2,000 calories an hour?

Replies

• BoresEasily
    Options
    No.
  • championnfl
    championnfl Posts: 324 Member
    Options
    Not unless your the Flash !:wink:
  • KellyBurton1
    KellyBurton1 Posts: 529 Member
    Options
    I wish
  • grouch201
    grouch201 Posts: 404 Member
    Options
    From everything I've gathered, you'd be doing pretty dang good to burn 1,000 cals/hour.
  • mschaal
    Options
    Below is a link that breaks out the burn rate per hour for a variety of activities...

http://www.nutristrategy.com/activitylist4.htm
  • Mindful_Trent
    Mindful_Trent Posts: 3,954 Member
    Options
    Think of it this way, a 190 lb individual who ran 10 miles/hr (6 min miles) for a whole hour would only burn somewhere around 1400-1500 calories.... so probably not.
  • BoresEasily
    Options
    Think of it this way, a 190 lb individual who ran 10 miles/hr (6 min miles) for a whole hour would only burn somewhere around 1400-1500 calories.... so probably not.

If that's the case wouldn't a 250-300lb individual burn considerably more?
  • binary_jester
    binary_jester Posts: 3,311 Member
    Options
    Yes! Yesterday I did tabata. Set the elliptical at resistance of 20. I did full speed for 20 seconds alternating with 10 seconds of slow movement. My HRM says i burned 130 calories in that 4 minutes * 15 = 1950 calories. It was easily the longest 4 minutes of my life. If you go for an hour at that rate, I highly suggest you call the paramedics (or morgue) and schedule an appointment ahead of time.
  • Mindful_Trent
    Mindful_Trent Posts: 3,954 Member
    Options

Yes, but how many 250-300 lb people could run 10 miles an hour for an hour without stopping? Realistically, most people couldn't burn 2000 calories in an hour.
  • MichaelPowell
    Options
    Not unless your the Flash !:wink:

Cool, Maybe with Thermo-Genesis "Walking in the Cold Weather".. Then drinking Hot Water right after that.
    "Brainstorming". May experiment with that..
  • MichaelPowell
    Options
    Yes! Yesterday I did tabata. Set the elliptical at resistance of 20. I did full speed for 20 seconds alternating with 10 seconds of slow movement. My HRM says i burned 130 calories in that 4 minutes * 15 = 1950 calories. It was easily the longest 4 minutes of my life. If you go for an hour at that rate, I highly suggest you call the paramedics (or morgue) and schedule an appointment ahead of time.

Cool, I'll try that. Wonder if that will work on a stationary bike.. I have one.
  • Nich0le
    Nich0le Posts: 2,906 Member
    Options

Yes, but how many 250-300 lb people could run 10 miles an hour for an hour without stopping? Realistically, most people couldn't burn 2000 calories in an hour.

Right?!

I would guess the answer is no and the water idea is fun but it's just going to keep you warm not burn too many calories. Good luck though, if you find this miracle workout I want in :wink:

Oh and using running as the best example a 190lb person would have to run 12mph for one hour to burn 1900, I don't know how much you weigh but here's a good website for determining how many cals you burn per hour with different exercises.

healthstatus.com
  • MichaelPowell
    Options
    Below is a link that breaks out the burn rate per hour for a variety of activities...

http://www.nutristrategy.com/activitylist4.htm

Cool, thanks.
  • nickeymhughes
    nickeymhughes Posts: 115 Member
    Options
    D-ball...
    lololololololo
  • BoresEasily
    Options

Cool, I'll try that. Wonder if that will work on a stationary bike.. I have one.

The original Tabata protocol was done using a stationary bike and I've heard personal trainers who had some of their fittest clients try it and there have only been 2 or 3 of the clients that would even consider doing it again. Those are elite athletes so that says a lot.
  • BoresEasily
    Options
    Make sure you are very fit because that is a very very very deadly workout. That's full out sprinting, no holding back and then minimal rest. Be careful.
  • bethvandenberg
    bethvandenberg Posts: 1,496 Member
    Options
    a stupid question here but why do you want to burn 2000 cals in an hour?
  • nickeymhughes
    Options
    Thats a great question.....inquiring minds what to know... Why do you want to lose 2000 cal an hour????
  • nickeymhughes
    Options
    lololol
  • EricInArlington
    EricInArlington Posts: 557 Member
    Options
    me and my daughter were just talking about this, Ive seen some people put down "cleaning house/grooving to the Ipod" in the exercise column? they did 120mins and burned 1100cals, we just walked @3.5 for 30mins and only burned 180 or so. The math just don't add up on some of the exercises