belly fat

Options
Why is belly fat so hard to get rid of lol ughh any suggestions as to how to speed up the process?

Replies

• tibby531
    tibby531 Posts: 717 Member
    Options
    I think you just have to be patient. my belly is the first place I gain, and the last place that I lose. I have to be very very patient. ;)
  • kimnsc
    kimnsc Posts: 560 Member
    Options
    I hate to be the bearer of bad news but there really isn't a way to speed up the process. Eat healthy, limit processed foods, drink plenty of water and work out.

In my experience the tummy was the last to go. Just have to be patient.
  • TiberiusClaudis
    TiberiusClaudis Posts: 423 Member
    Options

Took a look at this thread..spot on.

If it ain't a stickie...sure should be.

Kudos for posting it!
  • KatieKansan
    KatieKansan Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    It is soooo hard to get rid of.. but until it goes away I love Spanx!! works like magic!
    212019156 Posts: 341 Member
    Options
    It has to do with fat receptor distribution. Its kind of complicated, but in a nutshell fat cells have 2 types of receptors. One for inhibiting use for energy and one that encourages it. In your stubborn areas you have a higher ratio of inhibiting receptors. Normal distribution is males have a lot in abdomen while women have a lot in hips/legs. I don't think there is much to do about it.
  • sylviac2911
    Options
    thanks! I notice a difference with just 9 pounds but I cant wait till i lose more :)
  • sylviac2911
    Options
    LOL yes!
  • sylviac2911
    Options
    It is soooo hard to get rid of.. but until it goes away I love Spanx!! works like magic!
  • sylviac2911
    Options
    I'm tryin to figure out how to reply to the right person lol do it hit quote first then reply is that how it works :)
  • sylviac2911
    Options
    It has to do with fat receptor distribution. Its kind of complicated, but in a nutshell fat cells have 2 types of receptors. One for inhibiting use for energy and one that encourages it. In your stubborn areas you have a higher ratio of inhibiting receptors. Normal distribution is males have a lot in abdomen while women have a lot in hips/legs. I don't think there is much to do about it.
  • sylviac2911
    Options
    I wish i had a lot of hips and thighs lol unfortunately Im top heavy and have no hips and thighs so now what lol It seems like thats where i lose all fat first ughhh!
  • sylviac2911
    Options
    thx everyone for your comments definitely helps!
  • VeggieKidMandy
    VeggieKidMandy Posts: 575 Member
    Options
    it doesnt work for everyone , but my problem area is my stomach, and when I first started to lose wieght I went Lo- Carb and Lost my first 30 lbs that way.
  • jardimgirl
    jardimgirl Posts: 522 Member
    Options
    Its really hard for me too. Hell I've been asking the entire time using this site lol the answers are all the same, so what I lack is patience lol don't worry, we'll get there ;)