meal timing

Options
question; I work an off shift, and i am wondering about meal timing. I get off work at midnight, and that late snack is hard to avoid and making a good choice is difficult as well. I've been thinking about it and i've pin pointed it to meal timing. Whats the rule, is it no food 4 hours prior to bed or am i wrong? If this is the rule of thumb my meal timing would look like this and would be ideal.

eat breakfast around 9:30 AM
work out
snack around 1 pm
Lunch around 5:30ish
snack around 7:30 ish
Dinner around 10 pm
Then nothing till bed between 1 and 2

any advice on this is very appreciated. the way i have been doing it is allowing for to many dumb food decisions.

Thank you

Replies

• NightOwl1
    NightOwl1 Posts: 881 Member
    Options
    The old saying that you shouldn't eat at night is largely a myth. It becomes a problem when people to turn to night eating to overeat, but as long as you plan your day accordingly so you're not going over your calories when you eat at night, there is no reason why you shouldn't be able to.

I do plenty of night eating because of my night owl ways.
  • dancer77
    dancer77 Posts: 249 Member
    Options
    I have heard anything between 2-4hrs before bed....I am trying to avoid snacking after dinner as its my major downfall. Mostly I say pick a time a couple hours before bed and stop eating then. Scheduling is usually what works for you best is the best way :P I have a wacky schedule too
  • mrtrt
    mrtrt Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    thanks great advice.