Why I won't GOMAD

Options

Replies

• yo_andi
    yo_andi Posts: 2,178 Member
    Options
    Because it's called GOMAD. I don't do acronyms.
  • rachelrb85
    rachelrb85 Posts: 579 Member
    Options
    Can I do a gallon of coffee milk a day? It's the best form of milk. Scientific fact.

You've gotta be from MA or RI because most people don't even know what that is!

That said... I wish I could do a gallon of coffee a day
  • MissHolidayGolightly
    Options
    I think the female equivalent should be LBOCAD - large bar of chocolate a day

I think that ought to give any female weight lifter just the right size of calorie surplus for muscle gain with female testosterone levels.

some might call this wishful thinking!! :laugh: ......... but someone should come up with a formula for exactly what quantity of chocolate would give the required surplus (assuming all other foods eaten take you to your TDEE)

Nope, I'd still stick with milk! I like chocolate well enough, but it doesn't even scale close to milk. Now if we're talking cheese on the other hand.......

Wheel of cheese a day? Ooh another Anchorman meme!

b78.gif
  • suremeansyes
    suremeansyes Posts: 962 Member
    Options
    Because it's called GOMAD. I don't do acronyms.

Yeah, IDDAE.
  • explosivedonut
    explosivedonut Posts: 419 Member
    Options
    Can I do a gallon of coffee milk a day? It's the best form of milk. Scientific fact.

You've gotta be from MA or RI because most people don't even know what that is!

That said... I wish I could do a gallon of coffee a day

Bostonian, born and bred!
  • psych101
    psych101 Posts: 1,842 Member
    Options
    I just had to google how many litres in a gallon....wow
  • 3laine75
    3laine75 Posts: 3,070 Member
    Options

I think that ought to give any female weight lifter just the right size of calorie surplus for muscle gain with female testosterone levels.

some might call this wishful thinking!! :laugh: ......... but someone should come up with a formula for exactly what quantity of chocolate would give the required surplus (assuming all other foods eaten take you to your TDEE)

Love it :smile: pretty sure a snicker would just about cover it
  • kirkor
    kirkor Posts: 2,530 Member
    Options
    not fat just bulking
  • ThePhoenixIsRising
    Options
    Family of 4 here (2under 5years old) and we go through 2-3 gal of milk a day!
  • Squatch3099
    Squatch3099 Posts: 87 Member
    Options
    I wouldn't because, quite frankly, if I was going to drink all that milk, I'd use it as an excuse to buy a cow and then I'd have to milk the *kitten* every day.
    Darn, that's FUNNY!!!

I like milk. Nonfat. I drink about three glasses a day. It's not a perfect food though.
  • Squatch3099
    Squatch3099 Posts: 87 Member
    Options
    Ridiculous. Just downright weird.

Folks, there is no magic bullet, magic pill, exotic oil or anything but your own personal determination that will, in the end, help you to lose weight and stay healthy.

I'm just one stubborn opinionated woman. I lost a lot and then let a bunch of it come right back on!! It all comes from your inner strength. What matters to you???

:drinker:
  • Graelwyn75
    Graelwyn75 Posts: 4,404 Member
    Options

Folks, there is no magic bullet, magic pill, exotic oil or anything but your own personal determination that will, in the end, help you to lose weight and stay healthy.

I'm just one stubborn opinionated woman. I lost a lot and then let a bunch of it come right back on!! It all comes from your inner strength. What matters to you???

No idea what your post is referring to as this thread is not about weight loss. It is not even meant to be a serious thread. GOMAD is what people wishing to bulk sometimes do, so I think you have got the wrong idea somewhere along the way.
  • 12by311
    12by311 Posts: 1,716 Member
    Options

Awesome!

But actually GOMAD is a way to ADD calories to your day to try gain muscle (while lifting and all that stuff…..this is the short condensed version).
  • JoRocka
    JoRocka Posts: 17,525 Member
    Options

I'm pretty sure I can sell GOMAD for 19.95 a month to people to help them lose weight- apparently it gives them explosive diarrhea- there's a market for that somewhere!!!
  • KarenJanine
    KarenJanine Posts: 3,497 Member
    Options
    I can see the benefits - having to carry all the milk from the shops could add to the gainz. If I could have it as lattes - even better.

Sadly I'm cutting so I wouldn't have the cals left to have much in he way of solid food so I'm out.
  • SteveJWatson
    SteveJWatson Posts: 1,225 Member
    Options

GOMAD is for GAINING weight not LOSING weight.
  • sbarella
    sbarella Posts: 713 Member
    Options

I'm willing to be part of the clinical trial group. For science!
  • missiontofitness
    missiontofitness Posts: 4,074 Member
    Options
    Why is there another thread about GOMAD....thought this was covered in the last one.
  • Slacker16
    Slacker16 Posts: 1,184 Member
    Options
    Dairy milk tastes like greasy, watery water.
    I'd rather do COED.
    I just had to google how many litres in a gallon....wow
    Same. I might be willing to do that with beer... and ideally not every day.