work out calorie count

Options
ok easy questions i hope. I've been working out four times a week, M,T w-off Th,F sat and sun off. My work out consists of 45 minutes of weight training and 30 to 40 minutes of cardio (varying between, treadmill jogging, stairmaster, and HIIT) I try to average about 700 calories a work out (based of my heart rate monitor) I'm wondering if this is enough to equate to a good work out, I know i should be more concerned with how i feel after the work out. But i'm wondering if I should be doing more.

thanks for the help

Replies

• NightOwl1
    NightOwl1 Posts: 881 Member
    Options
    700 calories a workout is PLENTY.
  • RDTaylor13
    Options
    700 calories isa good burn for a workout. as long as you stay in the HR target zone either you or your HRM set for you.
  • kt2007
    kt2007 Posts: 315 Member
    Options
    I think it should be a how you feel thing. I say 700 cals is a good work out. What I do is have a 5 to 600 cal min each time I work out. Now if I am feeling good and do 500 cals in 30 or 35 mins than I keep going. I want to work out 45 min to 1hr each time I work out. I was told (and dont know if this is the truth but its worked for me) the first 30 min is maintaining anything over 30 mins is when your actually losing. I have gone by this and like I said no clue if its true but it works for me. best of luck with your work outs and keep it up.
  • sweetheart03622
    sweetheart03622 Posts: 928 Member
    Options
    I think that it's more important to keep a good balance and variety. Keep up with the mix of weights and cardio. Don't do the same weight "routine" each time, switch it up, and keep your cardio varied. If you keep tricking your body and doing a large variety of things you'll be golden!