New beginnings - including a new name change

Options
Just wanted to drop in and say it is the time for change for me. I have quit my miserable nursing career, I am going to stick to fitness pal and exercise on a regular basis!! Some of you may remember me as ERnurse - I changed my name and dropped that career and I feel like a new woman already - even though I have no idea what I am going to do yet - I just know I am glad to not have to walk back into a hospital again unless I am on my death bed!!!! :D:D Here's to 2011!!!!

Replies

• suthernbelle
    suthernbelle Posts: 566 Member
    Options
    As a fellow nurse, I truly understand your excitement. Nursing can be very rewarding but what some may not know is that is overwhelmingly demanding!!!!! So, hats off to you my dear and good luck foing forward 2011 and beyond!:drinker:
  • hotpickles
    hotpickles Posts: 639 Member
    Options
    Love this post! Way to follow your heart. It's a great feeling, isn't it?

L.
  • nickeymhughes
    nickeymhughes Posts: 115 Member
    Options
    I wish I could find something different.. it's so hard to walk away from good money... as far as mfp.. I have been very faithfull with logging in and tracking my daily calories and exercise... love it here!
  • hozik
    hozik Posts: 369 Member
    Options
    Congrats for taking the leap! You'll probably drop some weight just from the relief :) Best of luck to you during this exciting time! I would love to leave my job, too; hope I can be as brave as you!
  • labette31
    Options
    I guess I'm one of the few ER nurses that enjoys it, LOL.

I've been an ER nurse for 5 years and currently going to school full time for my Nurse Practitioner :)

Good luck with the new attitiude
  • ilike2moveit
    ilike2moveit Posts: 776 Member
    Options
    Good for you! Best wishes.
  • Jenny2011
    Options
    Thanks for the great comments everyone - and for those of you who are nurses - good for you - it just wasn't me anymore - I am happy to be starting over!!
  • Jenny2011
    Options
    wow so nervous about the changes - I found myself craving some of my favourites today and I have barely started!!! I will have to remind myself it is just like smoking - just STOP!!!! And that has been over a year now - I begin some training to go back into law enforcement beginning monday - so I am nervous about that too - Excited to see the results of the changes I do make tho!