Do you eat the same things weekly/daily? or prefer routine?

Options
2»

Replies

• Joannesmith2818
    Joannesmith2818 Posts: 438 Member
    Options
    I eat 1 of 2 breakfasts.

I eat the same lunch every day

And have about 4-5 choices for dinner.

I also eat the same snacks most days.

I find simplicity is my best friend. Also it keeps the IBS under control :)
  • trivard676
    trivard676 Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    I get bored pretty easily of food. I wish I would get bored of the junk food though ;)

However, my food tastes tend to go in cycles. Sometimes I'll really want to eat a lot of peppers or salads, other times I can't stand them and will opt for something different. Same goes for coffee and slim-fast shakes (I have slim-fast for breakfast sometimes) and eggs. I freaking love eggs, but I can go weeks at a time without giving them a second thought.

But if routine helps you stay within moderation, then all the best :D
  • nicola8989
    nicola8989 Posts: 381 Member
    Options
    I eat the same during the week - I find it easier to track my calories that way plus I am a very picky eater!

I do "weekends off" (within reason!) so I have a bit more variety then.
  • Ibarone73
    Options
    Breakfast and lunch during the week is pretty much the same everyday. I like to cook, so dinner is where I get variety.

Same here
  • jfauci
    jfauci Posts: 531 Member
    Options
    I pretty much eat the same thing for breakfast and lunch Mon-Fri because it's easy and I like not having to think much about it. I'm a bit more relaxed on the week-end, but still like my usual foods.
  • ttknowles01
    ttknowles01 Posts: 255 Member
    Options
    I mostly eat the same thing during the week (dinner consists of something with beef or chicken and veggies on Monday, fish and veggies on Tuesday, Wednesday is salad night, breakfast for dinner on Thursday, Fend for yourself Friday = leftovers), and then get all adventurous on the weekends. It just easier if I don't have to think about what to eat during the week, and stick to the usual. Breakfast and snacks are always the same (fruit and almonds), lunch is usually leftovers from the night before, and dessert is always the same (peanut butter and chocolate protein cake).
  • donnat238
    donnat238 Posts: 309 Member
    Options
    Routine during the week. I prep everything on the weekend - so I have enough chopped veggies, fruits,hummus, nut butter,cheese sticks, etc for snacks during the week. I make a meal and divide into 5 servings for lunch. Breakfast is usually a smoothie or greek yogurt. Dinner a lean meat and veggie. On the weekends I eat out or go to family functions - that is my variety!
  • _lyndseybrooke_
    _lyndseybrooke_ Posts: 2,561 Member
    Options
    Breakfast varies from week to week, usually. Lunches and my afternoon snacks are the same. It's easier and cheaper to prep food on the weekend and eat the same thing all week. I try to keep some variety in my dinners because I cook for my husband, who gets sick of meals very easily when I cook the same thing often enough.

My desserts are different each day, but the same "schedule" from week to week. Monday is usually a mug cake or graham cracker with peanut butter. Tuesdays and Thursdays I make a s'more. Wednesday is another s'more, but with a Reeses cup instead of half a Hershey bar. Friday is another mug cake or graham cracker with peanut butter, depending on what I had that Monday.

I love my routine. I'm type A for sure. Everything is planned out way in advance.
  • belgerian
    belgerian Posts: 1,059 Member
    Options
    Breakfeast and lunch are the same Dinners vary somewhat and I do snack in the evenings, so my breakfeast and lunch are usually only about 1000 cal. Dinner and snacks are the rest.
  • NyteMirage
    NyteMirage Posts: 315 Member
    Options
    I personally like routine and have the same breakfast usually and only a few dinners to choose from. They are well rounded meals though. People pick on me about it but whatever, I just never seen the need to try something new even if that means I'm "non adventurous" or "boring". I enjoy what I currently eat and, yeah, I just want to hear what you all do.

I'm a very picky eater so its hard for me to be adventurous when it comes to food. I usually eat the same thing each day except for a couple variations in snacks and a few different options for dinner. You aren't alone! You can add me as a friend on here if you'd like! Thanks!
  • AsianDanDQ
    Options
    If it works for you, stay with it. Who cares what others think.
  • Whalers81
    Whalers81 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    Routine definitely helps me stay on track, but I do give myself a couple different options so I feel like I still have choices.

I have 2 breakfasts I choose from.

I have 2 lunches I choose from.

Dinner during the week is always grilled chicken, I just rotate vegetables.

I have about 5 snack options to choose from (2 or 3 per day).

Weekends are for variety, because a lot of times I am out and can't plan. But definitely prefer structure during the work week.
  • malibu927
    malibu927 Posts: 17,565 Member
    Options
    Breakfasts are usually the same (eggs two days a week, cereal two days, yogurt/granola one day). Lunch depends on if I'm eating at home or work and how much time I have. Dinners always vary.
  • LanceDuvall
    LanceDuvall Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    I mostly eat the same things daily it takes the stress out of trying to figure out how to stay on plan. The only meal that is not planned on is dinner. The problem I have with dinner is that I share that meal with my GF and we eat out a lot, I have even go to meals when I out out...if we go to dinner I usally get eggs or grilled chicken wrap. I like to limit my choices.....
  • trisH_7183
    trisH_7183 Posts: 1,486 Member
    Options
    I can & do choose among cereal,eggs etc for breakfast.Lunch is usually a sandwich (bread limited to 2 slices a day. with a bit of whatever on the side.Snacks,either a fiber bar or fruit.
    Supper is different most days.