anyone like me to be a friend??

Options
hi all

I am 39, weigh 84kg (184 pounds) and I am 5'1'' (155cm). I have had a couple of kids too.

Just wondering if there is anyone out there just like me, for I need inspiration and people to talk to when the going gets tough. I would love to speak to people who have broken through the hard times with a great body as a reward!! Any advice is good advice :happy:

Love to meet you all! :flowerforyou:

cheers
Monika

Replies

• Becky011
    Becky011 Posts: 384
    Options
    I'll be your friend! I don't have any kids but weigh the same and I'm trying hard to lose :)
  • bhanustacia
    Options
    I will be your friend and I weigh almost the same and would try hard to get to my goal :smile:
  • fitzie63
    fitzie63 Posts: 508 Member
    Options
    Talk with Tami Shumate. She lost more than you weigh now and she's a wonderful inspiration. She still records her daily food intake and exercise diary, faithfully. This program is helping me lose the excess lbs. and gives me a way to keep on track & keep the lost weight from returning.

I bought a little digital food scale a few weeks ago. Next to it, I keep a set of individual measuring spoons/measuring cups plus a small straight blade spatula to accurately weigh and measure every single item that goes in my mouth (LEVEL it off with the spatula to maintain accuracy). Don't be tempted to eyeball measure or not level off. You'll end up gaining more weight on top of what you already have.

Add me if you wish.

Claire
  • StarryEyedGirl
    Options
    Hi Monika, I started MFP in February of 2010. Started at 193 (wow) 5'3. I have to admit the begining was easiest for me I guess because I was so ready to do this!! Here we are at the end of the year and I have lost 46 pounds (give or take a pound). I have hit a rough patch during the Holidays but I will get back on board! I am so sick of the holiday treats and I am planning to get real strict again in January. I am rambling on...

Find something you like as far as exercise! Google " couch to 5 k" and check that out. Don't get discouraged. Get results and once you do then you will want to do it more. As a mom, you and me both can use a little "us" time and why not let that be exercise time... Its not easy but its possible!

Kristina
  • spitfire1962
    spitfire1962 Posts: 347 Member
    Options
    I'll be your friend. I weigh 183, and have already lost 46 pounds. I still have a way to go, but I know I can do it and so can you. Isabel
  • fuhrmeister
    fuhrmeister Posts: 1,796 Member
    Options
    are circumstance aren't the same. I'm 238 lbs and trying to conceive. But I would be glad to try to encourage you along the way :smile:
  • MsMonny
    MsMonny Posts: 183
    Options
    Thanks all!!

I look forward to a very rewarding journey with you all and eveyone on the forum!

I am loving this site and I can see how it can change my very bad habits LOL.

cheers
    Monika