WILL I GAIN WEIGHT?PLEASE HELP?

Options
Holy crap I feel so guilty right now.I started off the day healthily,steel cut oatmeal (water + blackberries) (170kcal).an apple,some boiled red beans and plain greek yogurt for lunch (220kcal).And after lunch was when the culprit began luring me into eating unhealthily.I ate a packet (6 pieces) of jacobs high calcium (81kcal),a mini sunmaid raisin (42kcal) AND 8 nabisco reduced fat wheat thins (64kcal) all while reading a book.My god I tend to have better control of myself at night when I don't snack but I usually snack the most during the day.I felt so guilty I only had 2 boiled egg whites and some sugar snap peas for dinner and that's it. I feel so guilty will I gain weight??I really don't want to gain back the weight I've lost,plus I don't usually have crackers but when I do,I can't stop.God I think I'm gonna throw them all away for good.

Replies

• shellsy0424
    shellsy0424 Posts: 127 Member
    Options
    Please don't think I am being rude but i honestly think you may need help. Has anyone ever mentioned that you might be dealing with an eating disorder?? I felt sad at your post and could actually hear the panic you are feeling. It can't be a good feeling and I honestly think you need help. What you ate was nothing, literally nothing and you can not gain weight from an extra 200 calories or whatever it is. Don't worry, but please consider talking to someone.
  • pkw58
    pkw58 Posts: 2,038 Member
    Options
    Hey OP! I think 'boxed foods" like wheat thins are something I just can't keep in the house. I think the hardest part of maintenance the first year for me was adding more calories back to my food plan. So instead I really worked on what I was eating and why. I had my basic maintenance plan of 1200 calories down - plenty of lean proteins, greek yogurt, bright and colorful Vegetables. I added an avocado and/ or banana and/or dry roasted unsalted nuts to make sure I had the energy and fat. I add strawberries and citrus fruits as well to my food plan, or try to eat tomatoe or a big freshly made serving of pico de gallo to my food. I eat whole eggs - there are so many nutrients in egg yolks that contribute to feeling good.

A really good book to read on how to eat enough is "Ballet Beautiful" -- I highly recommend it to all women, any age.
  • _Zardoz_
    _Zardoz_ Posts: 3,987 Member
    Options
    Holy crap I feel so guilty right now.I started off the day healthily,steel cut oatmeal (water + blackberries) (170kcal).an apple,some boiled red beans and plain greek yogurt for lunch (220kcal).And after lunch was when the culprit began luring me into eating unhealthily.I ate a packet (6 pieces) of jacobs high calcium (81kcal),a mini sunmaid raisin (42kcal) AND 8 m*****f*****g nabisco reduced fat wheat thins (64kcal) all while reading a book.My god I tend to have better control of myself at night when I don't snack but I usually snack the most during the day.I felt so guilty I only had 2 boiled egg whites and some sugar snap peas for dinner and that's it. I feel so guilty will I gain weight??I really don't want to gain back the weight I've lost,plus I don't usually have crackers but when I do,I can't stop.God I think I'm gonna throw them all away for good.
    Your post screams that you need to speak to someone about your relationship with food. I would go and see an appropriate medical professional to discuss this
  • aneary1980
    aneary1980 Posts: 461 Member
    Options
    Holy crap I feel so guilty right now.I started off the day healthily,steel cut oatmeal (water + blackberries) (170kcal).an apple,some boiled red beans and plain greek yogurt for lunch (220kcal).And after lunch was when the culprit began luring me into eating unhealthily.I ate a packet (6 pieces) of jacobs high calcium (81kcal),a mini sunmaid raisin (42kcal) AND 8 m*****f*****g nabisco reduced fat wheat thins (64kcal) all while reading a book.My god I tend to have better control of myself at night when I don't snack but I usually snack the most during the day.I felt so guilty I only had 2 boiled egg whites and some sugar snap peas for dinner and that's it. I feel so guilty will I gain weight??I really don't want to gain back the weight I've lost,plus I don't usually have crackers but when I do,I can't stop.God I think I'm gonna throw them all away for good.

As per your other posts you have a BMI of less than 17 you need help you need to see a doctor asap.

I doubt you are actually 18 and this is not the place for you.
  • ChrisM8971
    ChrisM8971 Posts: 1,067 Member
    Options

As per your other posts you have a BMI of less than 17 you need help you need to see a doctor asap.

I doubt you are actually 18 and this is not the place for you.

+1

Please speak to a professional soon
  • JazmineYoli
    JazmineYoli Posts: 547 Member
    Options
    I'm looking over all of your previous posts and it has been stated multiple times that you need to seek a doctor. PLEASE LISTEN!!! You are eating way too little, and you seem to think you will gain weight if you go over your calories just a little for the day.
    Honestly stop creating the same posts and seek a professional. I hope this is not coming across rude, I'm just trying to be honest.
  • I agree..x
  • Myhaloslipped
    Myhaloslipped Posts: 4,317 Member
    Options
    Agreed with the above posters. Please seek help.
  • DawnieB1977
    DawnieB1977 Posts: 4,248 Member
    Options
    Your post screams that you need to speak to someone about your relationship with food. I would go and see an appropriate medical professional to discuss this

Indeed. Sounds like your daily total was around 800 calories. How on earth will you gain weight on that? I think my 3 year old eats more than you do, and she's slim.

Please get some help.
  • zoeysasha37
    zoeysasha37 Posts: 7,088 Member
    Options
    It would be very unlikely that you'll gain weight from that, but I certainly think you need help. That's not a normal relationship with food. Like others said, get help.
  • SezxyStef
    SezxyStef Posts: 15,268 Member
    Options
    Hey OP! I think 'boxed foods" like wheat thins are something I just can't keep in the house. I think the hardest part of maintenance the first year for me was adding more calories back to my food plan. So instead I really worked on what I was eating and why. I had my basic maintenance plan of 1200 calories down - plenty of lean proteins, greek yogurt, bright and colorful Vegetables. I added an avocado and/ or banana and/or dry roasted unsalted nuts to make sure I had the energy and fat. I add strawberries and citrus fruits as well to my food plan, or try to eat tomatoe or a big freshly made serving of pico de gallo to my food. I eat whole eggs - there are so many nutrients in egg yolks that contribute to feeling good.

A really good book to read on how to eat enough is "Ballet Beautiful" -- I highly recommend it to all women, any age.

you should get help too I think...maitenance of 1200 and below? if you really think you are maintaining on that buy a food scale and double check.

Did you add up her calories? It was probably 650 at most...

OP get some help.
  • gcdn
    gcdn Posts: 42
    Options
    Okay okay guys take a chill pill.I am RECOVERING from an eating disorder SLOWLY by increasing my calorie intake SLOWLY because I don't want to shock my body with a huge amount of food at a time.Basically I'm at 800 cal per day now and I'm increasing it to 900-1000 in the next two weeks or so.Please don't look at the older posts because I do realise I have an eating disorder.Honestly,I would REALLY RATHER eat 200 cal worth of avocados than 200cal worth of crackers.Im just having a hard time accepting the fact that I ate so much of unhealthy food at once.Sigh.
  • fayelobeck89
    fayelobeck89 Posts: 105 Member
    Options
    Okay okay guys take a chill pill.I am RECOVERING from an eating disorder SLOWLY by increasing my calorie intake SLOWLY because I don't want to shock my body with a huge amount of food at a time.Basically I'm at 800 cal per day now and I'm increasing it to 900-1000 in the next two weeks or so.Please don't look at the older posts because I do realise I have an eating disorder.Honestly,I would REALLY RATHER eat 200 cal worth of avocados than 200cal worth of crackers.Im just having a hard time accepting the fact that I ate so much of unhealthy food at once.Sigh.

Although others have addressed that you really could do with professional support on your weigh issue, whether that be to gain or loose, you need to realise that under eating is more likely to make you put weight on that you would if you went over yor calories... The idealistic daily intake should be 1200 calories minimum, you're 18 years old and still growing, you may not realise it but you are. Your obviously proud of your body, that's why you have a picture of your stomach as your DP so realise that if you go over it's not the end of the world. If you continue to under eat daily, your body will start to store more fat as a reserve because it won't know when it's going to get it next. Bodies love fat and must have some. Maybe a trip to the doctor to discuss your eating habit and relationship with food would help you understand a bit better, rather than going it alone and asking strangers on the internet if yor minuscule amount of food would make you gain weight. I'm surprised your not ill eating that little amount of food each day when you consider your age.
  • fayelobeck89
    fayelobeck89 Posts: 105 Member
    Options

you should get help too I think...maitenance of 1200 and below? if you really think you are maintaining on that buy a food scale and double check.

Did you add up her calories? It was probably 650 at most...

OP get some help.

I agree....
  • dopeysmelly
    dopeysmelly Posts: 1,390 Member
    Options
    I echo the sentiments about making sure you are getting professional help. It's not really what you are eating, but your emotions, particularly feelings of guilt, and behavior which sets off the alarm bells and makes everyone here want to help.

As an aside on the "what you are eating" part, unless your doctor advises otherwise, perhaps make sure you are getting adequate protein and fat, particularly earlier in the day for breakfast and lunch (for adults - 1g protein per lean body mass, 0.35g fat per pound body weight). That way, whatever happens later in the day, at least you are fueling your body with a good chunk of what it needs.
  • OMG Sweethart! You're scaring me. I just had a conversation with my sister about this this other day. She lost 40 lbs in a month and is eating less than 500 calories a day, and I'm terrified that she's going to end up in the hospital. What's even worse is she lives in Florida and I'm in Mass, so I can't be close to her to even try to help, not that I'm any kind of a professional or anything, but I couldn't certainly drag her but to somebody who could. So your post cuts close to home. Please get help.
  • OMG Sweethart! You're scaring me. I just had a conversation with my sister about this this other day. She lost 40 lbs in a month and is eating less than 500 calories a day, and I'm terrified that she's going to end up in the hospital. What's even worse is she lives in Florida and I'm in Mass., so I can't be close to her to even try to help, not that I'm any kind of a professional or anything, but I could, certainly, at least attempt to drag her butt to somebody who could. So your post cuts close to home. Please get help.
  • shellsy0424
    shellsy0424 Posts: 127 Member
    Options
    an eating disorder is not something you could have had last week but not this week. You need MEDICAL attention. Real professionals to help you. Honestly I hope you get the help that will truly get rid of your ED.
  • auddii
    auddii Posts: 15,357 Member
    Options
    I think a lot of the people here are saying get help, but what they actually mean is that you should speak with a therapist who specializes in eating disorders. While you might be on the road to recovery with your eating habits, you clearly are still having anxiety about food. It will take time to deal with, and it seems like most people with an ED can't deal with it on their own. Hopefully you are speaking with a therapist and getting help.

And no, your cracker eating habits will not make you fat.
  • xmichaelyx
    xmichaelyx Posts: 883 Member
    Options
    I am RECOVERING from an eating disorder

Having read your post, you aren't *recovering* from anything -- you have a full-fledged eating disorder.