0 calorie noodles!!

Options
okay, so I was just googling some 0 calorie foods, when I came across these noodles that have NO calories in them! I would love to try them, however they are a bit too pricey for my taste, but I thought some of you guys might find this interesting and helpful, especially for those trying to cut down on their carbs. They are called miracle noodles and here's the website if anyone would like!! {: http://www.miraclenoodle.com/

Replies

• LoserCruiser
    Options
    Ya there have been several posts about these noodles, some people say they are ok, others say they are nasty, lol, I would like to try them myself if I ever find them in a loal store, but I wouldn't go out of my way to order them online!
  • NightOwl1
    NightOwl1 Posts: 881 Member
    Options
    I guess those noodles might have some value if you find yourself consistently going over your calorie count, but they look like the provide zero nutritional value. So if you are eating within your calorie limit, there is no point to them and they do nothing besides empty your wallet.
  • lessertess
    lessertess Posts: 855 Member
    Options
    I tried the ones that are about 20 calories a serving and they were awful. I tried them in several recipes and they never tasted good.

It looks like the 0 calorie ones are a fiber filler. I guess you could use them to make a dish more filling. But they are expensive and not easy to find in smaller areas. I had to order them online and have them shipped when I tried them.
  • khrys1
    khrys1 Posts: 444 Member
    Options
    I tried some quite a while ago, and they were awful! Had an almost "fishy" smell, and were very rubbery when cooked. Did NOT absorb the flavor of the liquid they were cooked in, either.
  • heathersmilez
    heathersmilez Posts: 2,579 Member
    Options
    Pasta Slim tasted much, much better and absorbed the flavor of the soy sauce I used unlike Miracle Noodle which had a slight smell (no smeel in pasta slim) before rincing and a more bland taste, it was like eating water. Miracle Noodle is just the brand name of shirataki noodle btw, regular shirataki is right beside it and cheaper. You can find these items in specialty stores. In the Toronto area I went to Low-Carb Grocer. They also ship if you aren’t in the area and have PB2 if you haven’t been able to find it. PB2 is neat but for $6 I’m making it last about a year now.

Ps: Pasta Slim may say 20 cals per serving while shirataki says 0 but it has been shown it is actually closer to 15 cals per serving, laws just allow them to say 0.

Best:
    1.jpg

Ok:
    2.jpg

Worst (same as above but more $$)
    3.jpg