Does meal frequency really not matter?

Options
13»

Replies

• TestingFun01
    TestingFun01 Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    Like I said, I didn't say they don't have the willpower. But when you look at women who fast here, a lot of them do a window version instead of doing a 24hr. There are also a few studies suggesting it's harder for some of them (and perhaps bad for their fertility) to do long periods of fasting when compared to men.
    I'm a woman here who fasts longer than you, if it helps. :smile:

I've read several books on fasting and have never run across the idea that it's harder for women or bad for their health or fertility.

Meal frequency matters for compliance and other things but not really weight loss. Consider your car. Does it get better gas mileage if you fill it up daily vs. waiting til it's empty? No, it's an energy issue with gas and with calories. Unless your frequency of gas stops affects your driving, it doesn't matter. Same with eating frequency.

But are you going to keep bumping this thread asking for cat gifs like one of your last threads? :tongue:

KUDOS TO YOU for fasting longer than me! ;)

And no, I was just answering the questions. Not intentionally bumping.

But whomever wants to throw in a kitty gif is welcome Lol. :bigsmile:

Edit : I wish I could give the links to the studies. I believe one was conducted on mice and the others by observing participants where the women were more likely to binge eat when fasting for longer periods.
  • lorib642
    lorib642 Posts: 1,942 Member
    Options
    If you eat smaller meals throughout the day does it help keep your blood sugar more stable if you have issues with keeping it in control? I am being told different things, that I should snack or that it doesn't matter. The calories would be the same total.
  • icrushit
    icrushit Posts: 773 Member
    Options
    My morning meal is coffee. =P

Yeah, I actually have a small 'keto' coffee every morning before breakfast, in which I add 1/2 tsp butter and 1 1/2 tsp of coconut to a cup of coffee, before giving it a little whiz up with an immersion/ stick blender, and could easily see how with enough fat in my morning coffee that I could make it through to lunchtime without any food, lol. I'm sure that's not what you meant though :)