Big mistake at lunch

Options
In China for another damn month. (1a week ad a half left now)
Eating lunch in the building cafe (company pre-paid food card)
Made the mistake of trying just because it had hot peppers. I found it was pig tripe. Figured I try a couple pices anyway.
I guess I'm lucky I only ate a couple pieces. Been feeling like I'm gonna puke for thee last couple hours. And I still have a 3.6 mile hike back to the corporate apartment. We'll see how that goes. I can't even think about eating dinner.
That is the last time I will try the former poop pipe of any animal.

Replies

• missiontofitness
    missiontofitness Posts: 4,074 Member
    Options
    Some of my friends love it. When we go out to Khmer or Vietnamese restaurants, they'll get the pho or kuy teav with tripe in it. I would never try it, just because I've read how it has to be cleaned and whatnot to be safe to eat. I just don't want to risk getting the one piece that wasn't properly prepared! It is fun to look at, though.
  • KarenJanine
    KarenJanine Posts: 3,497 Member
    Options
    That is the last time I will try the former poop pipe of any animal.

So you don't eat sausages?
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,371 Member
    Options
    Tripe is ok, it's the smell I can't stand.
  • fishgutzy
    fishgutzy Posts: 2,807 Member
    Options
    Still recovering today. Just the thought of solid food turns my stomach. Drinking my protein shake and lots of water to stay hydrated.

The very the casing used on sausage is not quite the sane thing as pork tripe.

It wasn't the taste that made me sick. It was the toxins in that tripe not being properly prepared and my American digestive system not accustom to said toxins :)
  • bbbgamer
    bbbgamer Posts: 582 Member
    Options
    that should keep today's calories in check...
  • fishgutzy
    Options
    that should keep today's calories in check...
    Ha. It sure has today. Too weak today to walk the 3.6 miles to the office. Took a cab for the first time.
    Only drinking Cytosport whey protein mixed with water today. I still can't quite think of solid food yet.
  • KrissyRawrz
    KrissyRawrz Posts: 342 Member
    Options
    Oh God that's nasty lol
  • fishgutzy
    Options
    Forcing myself to take a recovery day today. Stilll going to limit solids. Had a noodle soup thing last night. Directions all in Chinese but how ca you screw up anything Ramen like?
    Feels very lazy taking the elevator. Tomorrow is another day. I can do a longer hike if I still feel the need to make it up.
  • Joannah700
    Joannah700 Posts: 2,665 Member
    Options
    Maybe a banana? Bananas are easy on the stomach too.
  • fishgutzy
    Options
    Was fully recovered by Sunday. Walked 14km. (8.75miles) from the apartment to the river and back.
    When I get back to home I'm going to have to keep up the walking at least 1 mile a day anyway to keep the calluses now that the blisters are gone :)
  • hortensehildegarde
    Options
    I thought tripe was tummy not intestine?

I guess tummy is still part of the poop pipe but not so much as intestine is.